Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Electrical/Lighting/Alarm (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/electrical-lighting-alarm-43/)
-   -   Ultima 18-533 harness (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/electrical-lighting-alarm/709516-ultima-18-533-harness.html)

stash13 11-22-2011 03:30 PM

Ultima 18-533 harness

:icon_beerchug:I have an ultima #18-533 wiring harness that i'm using...problem it is suppose to when you apply your brakes with your turn signals on it is suppose to make the opposite turn signal work as a brake light, instead it just cancels out the turn signal that is engaged. Has anybody out there problem with this particular harness? I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks.:icon_pimp:

UltraNutZ 11-23-2011 09:18 AM

i think I would be making a phone call to Ultima on that one. It specifically states in section 4 what the triggers are for the brake and turn signal lights. Their wiring diagram leaves a lot to be desired. :-)

stash13 11-23-2011 01:52 PM

Ultima 18-533 harness

:icon_beerchug:Thanks for your input. Problem is i can't any way to get in touch with ultima for any info. Does anyone have any info on that? Their website has nothing on there for tech support. Thanks Bro...have a good one.:icon_pimp:

hajimetai 01-12-2012 10:05 PM

I am having the same exact problem! Please help.

stash13 01-13-2012 06:28 AM

Ultima 18-533 harness

I called midwest cycle supply in missouri who's product that is,but they won't even talk to you without being one of their licensened dealers. i finally decided to just bypass the control box for my brake light. I lose the turn signal brake light function...but i have turn signals and brake lights now. If you figure it out let me know.:icon_deadhorse:

UltraNutZ 01-13-2012 06:53 AM

easy solution to this is to use the HD or Kuryakyn run/turn/brake light controller. It does exactly the same thing and there is no wiring whatsoever. It simply plugs in under the seat.

stash13 01-13-2012 07:26 AM

Ultima 18-533 harness

Problem is this is a ground up custom so there is no plug.:icon_pimp:

UltraNutZ 01-13-2012 07:38 AM

do all other functions operate properly?
  • press right turn signal button and the right signals flash 10 times then cancels
  • press right turn signal button again and the right signals cancel
  • same 2 procedures above for left side
  • when pressing both signal buttons do all flashers come on and stay on
  • when pressing both signal buttons again, do the flashers cancel
  • what about other functions such as the indicator lights for neutral, oil temp, headlights, etc

hajimetai 01-13-2012 07:47 AM

Ya mines full custom too and following all works perfect.
Turn signals won't work brake light and hitting the brake will cancel turn signals.
I emailed where I bought it from and see what they say....
I hope I don't have to replace that thing. It took while to wire entire bike.

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ (Post 9253302)
do all other functions operate properly?
  • press right turn signal button and the right signals flash 10 times then cancels
  • press right turn signal button again and the right signals cancel
  • same 2 procedures above for left side
  • when pressing both signal buttons do all flashers come on and stay on
  • when pressing both signal buttons again, do the flashers cancel
  • what about other functions such as the indicator lights for neutral, oil temp, headlights, etc

hajimetai 01-13-2012 07:52 AM

another thing is turn signals keeps blinking and they won't cancel unless press the turn signal button again or hit the brake,