Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

96" build with Marelli EFI

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,597 Likes on 3,081 Posts

It's a 95" build if its Big Bore from harley or it can be a 97" or 98" if its from S&S or Hillside, etc.

As for mine, its a Stage II 95" MM injected Stage II big bore with about 85 HP and 95 Ft/Lbs TQ, I just passed 150,000 miles on the motor (I did install new heads back at 75,000 miles,) and the bike still runs excellently which speaks a lot to its reliability.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 AM
timber0472
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stiggy
It's a 95" build if its Big Bore from harley or it can be a 97" or 98" if its from S&S or Hillside, etc.

As for mine, its a Stage II 95" MM injected Stage II big bore with about 85 HP and 95 Ft/Lbs TQ, I just passed 150,000 miles on the motor (I did install new heads back at 75,000 miles,) and the bike still runs excellently which speaks a lot to its reliability.
150K on that motor seems impressive. Thanks for the input! I'm going with AMS for head work and a 96" kit.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:21 AM
timber0472
Cruiser

Originally Posted by saz
Stick with the MM. It has its little quirks, but once set right leave it alone..... I've been tinkering with mine getting it to run right. Just a suggestion, if it hasn't been done yet look at changing your fuel lines to the goodridge lines. My factory lines (not rebuildable but the goodridge ones are), were driving me crazy, leak one minute, then wouldn't have any issues for a month, then dump a gallon of gas everywhere, then wont leak for another month...... Best $150 I have spent on the bike. Fuel leaks will drive that MM crazy.

Mine is an EVO, and when it is tired I want to build a 89" for it. Keep us posted on how it works out!
Interesting. I havent had any leaks with the MM so far. I don't even know where to look to find replacement parts for this thing. I've thought about upgrading the injectors but I can't find them anywhere. I have the red ones, but I've heard the green ones work better. My MM works amazing at the moment. I was just concerned if hamper the results of my build, but according to most on this thread it won't be an issue at all. Thanks for the input.

Any ideas on the injectors?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:32 AM
saz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timber0472
Interesting. I havent had any leaks with the MM so far. I don't even know where to look to find replacement parts for this thing. I've thought about upgrading the injectors but I can't find them anywhere. I have the red ones, but I've heard the green ones work better. My MM works amazing at the moment. I was just concerned if hamper the results of my build, but according to most on this thread it won't be an issue at all. Thanks for the input.

Any ideas on the injectors?
Shop around, ebay, amazon etc.... I also have the reds, but if I find another set ill pick them up and sit on them until I pull the trigger on an 89".

I personally love the MM, since everyone tells me that it can't be done....

Old 07-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by timber0472
Cool thanks for the input. Any idea on numbers your getting?
110 ft/lbs and a fat 100 hp is within easy reach.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:35 PM
timber0472
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com

110 ft/lbs and a fat 100 hp is within easy reach.
Scott
NICE. thanks for the input!

Old 07-07-2015, 07:27 AM
dsvracer1
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another idea for the M&M cure is to visit HPI web site. they have a single bore delphi throttle body that replaces the M&M system. It is pretty pricey but works like a charm. it uses all the late model air cleaner. very nice unit. dsv

Old 07-07-2015, 05:50 PM
timber0472
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dsvracer1
another idea for the M&M cure is to visit HPI web site. they have a single bore delphi throttle body that replaces the M&M system. It is pretty pricey but works like a charm. it uses all the late model air cleaner. very nice unit. dsv
Yea, I called them and talked to them about it. Their product looks great, but I haven't had any issues with my MM. I was curious if anyone had problems with a build due to the MM.

I have SS Power tune duals with crossover (Excellent pipe btw), Ness big sucker, and a pc3 usb. So far so good, but I haven't really done anything serious to the motor yet. Thanks for the input!

Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM
timber0472
Cruiser

On a side note. You guys that are getting 100/100 or at least close to it...what exhaust are you running. I know with duals you get a bottom end drop but with the SS power duals the crossover is supposed to prevent that.

I know 2 to 1 is best but not my first choice. Any advice on slip ons? Rinehart 3.5 with the high flow baffles sound great. I have the 2.25 baffles now. A little quiet but if they help with bottom end then I may just keep them in.

So what are most of you running?

Also sorry for rabbit trailing this thread!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Buffalolake
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I run a 2into1 V&H ProPipe. I wanted the S&S duals, but I have a Tru-Track brace installed in the same place that the S&S crossover would go.

Quick Reply: 96" build with Marelli EFI