Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Engine Mechanical Topics (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engine-mechanical-topics-46/)
-   -   Milwaukee 8 after market (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engine-mechanical-topics/1134990-milwaukee-8-after-market.html)

djl 09-09-2016 10:21 AM

Picket this up from a respected member of another forum on tuning the M8. I don't know what a "beta" version of the Power Vision would be.:icon_shrug:

"Worked with a local dealership most of the day Saturday after they had tried to setup a new bike with the Street tuner with very poor results. We then used a beta version of the Power Vision that worked flawlessly to tune the bike. Very impressed with what they accomplished in a short time. I won't get into specifics but I will say there is a ton to be gained with tuning. Also figured out that the DTT Twinscan3 reads perfectly as well, the only function I am not 100% on is if the knock still reads the same channel but if I were a gambling man I would say it does."

98hotrodfatboy 09-09-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by djl (Post 15496120)
Picket this up from a respected member of another forum on tuning the M8. I don't know what a "beta" version of the Power Vision would be.:icon_shrug:

"Worked with a local dealership most of the day Saturday after they had tried to setup a new bike with the Street tuner with very poor results. We then used a beta version of the Power Vision that worked flawlessly to tune the bike. Very impressed with what they accomplished in a short time. I won't get into specifics but I will say there is a ton to be gained with tuning. Also figured out that the DTT Twinscan3 reads perfectly as well, the only function I am not 100% on is if the knock still reads the same channel but if I were a gambling man I would say it does."

Obviously he's a Long Islander....

If a word ends in er, you drop the er and add an a...
And if a word ends in an a you drop the a and add er..
Better/Betta
Pizza/Pizzer
I don't get it either...

djl 09-09-2016 01:20 PM

Don't think the guy is a Long Islander. My guess is they got their hands on something from DJ or the FM guys who I know are working on tunes for the M8 and have run a stock motor to get baseline numbers.

98hotrodfatboy 09-09-2016 01:54 PM

Possible. Just stating a language commonly used on Long Island....

I'll bet that Bob Wood along with Andrews are already grinding cams... It won't be long... That's gonna make the real difference.....

TabooAR 09-20-2016 08:21 PM

Hahaha! That's funny stuff right there. When it comes to product releases, the engineering/internal version is commonly referenced as 'Alpha' the general testing/pre-release version is 'Beta'.

Hillsidecycle.com 09-21-2016 05:45 AM

Techno-Research/Direct Link is almost ready now.
We have GREAT results with their EFI tuning/testing products.
Soon there will be multi-colored cam plates/pumps, heads/big bore kits, gear drives, throttle bodies, pistons, and lets not forget to say "Let the cam wars begin!"............lol.
Its all on the way.
Very interesting horizon.
The S/E tuners will only allow a 10% increase, or at least what we've been told.
Scott

BVBOB 09-21-2016 09:08 AM

I think you will see various products, I know exhaust manufacturers are all scrambling right now.
As for tuning Techno is close and they do make a great product but I have already tuned a 17 with Dynojet beta two weeks ago. No issues. The new Street tuner is basically useless, some areas have only a 3 percent adjustment range while many builds I tune typically see 10-20 percent changes. Plus the Street tuner has no ability to adjust afr targets.
Andrews is still awaiting cam cores as of a couple days ago but will have cams available soon. I'm sure S&S will as well.
I am guessing that one of the first things aftermarket will work on is adjustment at the rocker arms as they now have no individual adjustment and I could see issues with that if the valve protrusion is not perfect or uneven wear occurs.
I have looked over a new oil pump and I don't see a place for huge improvement there, a very hearty unit as stock at least on the oil cooled models but I would be surprised if you couldn't use the bigger oil cooled pump in the coolant equipped motors as well. Maybe a 3 stage? Isn't really much of a camplate but you can bet someone will make a better unit. My bets on S&S for that one. People just have to have that blue anodized part even if they are hidden after assembly.

djl 09-21-2016 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BVBOB (Post 15531410)
People just have to have that blue anodized part even if they are hidden after assembly.

That's why Roland Sands makes those see through cam and rocker covers; for those folks.......:icon_laugh:

hrdtail78 09-23-2016 12:30 PM

TTS has released the new M8's in their updater for everybody on 9-22-16. They have 8 released so far and 3 more will be real soon. Then of course more will come after that for a couple of aftermarket cams in the works.

Carlos3621 11-17-2016 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by hrdtail78 (Post 15537787)
TTS has released the new M8's in their updater for everybody on 9-22-16. They have 8 released so far and 3 more will be real soon. Then of course more will come after that for a couple of aftermarket cams in the works.

i just picked up an 2017 RGS and for warranty purposes getting the SE stage 3 kit installed.
the chart for the SE stage 3 kit shows approx 110 HP / 115 TQ, which is pretty close to the TTS Mastertune results with the same hardware. Its just too damn close to void my warranty by going with the aftermarket tuner.