S&S 124" bagger build - Page 14 - Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

S&S 124" bagger build

P

Old 01-20-2018, 06:33 AM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstreak View Post
No need for that. I can only afford to do this once. My dream was to have a 124" and I can't believe I even accomplished that.
I'm happy with what I have and I busted my *** to get what I have. I think I'm out of my league here. I just wanted my 124" and enjoy it. Of course there are MANY other people with more power and more money to throw at being the top dog. I'm not into that anymore. I have exactly what I set out to achieve and I'm happy with it. Later.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Road Master

Congrats on finishing the build. Big motors are fun no matter the peak numbers so no need to ever consider chasing the ultimate dyno sheet, waste of time and money. And trust me there’s all kinds of bs dyno “non sense” at play out there, I’ll just leave it at that.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstreak View Post
It can be rough out there but i broke my #1 rule that i made for myself before i joined this forum and that rule is do not discuss numbers. It's typical for people to get offended with numbers talk. The dyno graph will ready whatever it reads. I will be looking at Tq curve, peak Tq rpms and AFR. I'm riding a practical bagger and looking for practical bagger power. You don't put a race car engine in a school bus.

I agree,when building a motor,build it for YOUR riding style,not others.we do a lot of 124" builds,from very mild touring motors to very aggressive builds.one thing we don't do is try to push anything on anybody,its built to the way they want it.my personal bike is a 2002 RG with a VERY mild 124",131/142,with 2 nitro bikes & the shop to run,i want a fun bike to ride & tour on,but don't want to be messing with it all the time.have fun with the new build!!
Old 01-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntraindavefl View Post
Congrats on finishing the build. Big motors are fun no matter the peak numbers so no need to ever consider chasing the ultimate dyno sheet, waste of time and money. And trust me there’s all kinds of bs dyno “non sense” at play out there, I’ll just leave it at that.
Truth, congrats on that big inch beast. Ride and enjoy.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Gozer the Destroyer

P