Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

S&S 124" bagger build

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Blackstreak
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackstreak
What part of "around" don't you understand? If you've been paying attention Vision said his 124LC put down 141tq. Is that close enough to be considered around 140 to your standards. And I never said I have a Scorpion clutch either. I said I'll keep one on my list. I'm not the one getting all butt hurt about numbers nor am I chasing numbers. If I was I would be taking a completely different route altogether. I'm sorry I mentioned any number at all. I'll just shoot for 1hp/1tq. Maybe just maybe I'll make that number with the right parts combination. Does that make you feel better?
This bike will not see multiple dynos. I'm not that type of person. It will go on the dyno for tuning purposes only. I ride my bike. Numbers mean nothing to me and niether do braggers because none of that matters on the road.

Last edited by Blackstreak; 10-15-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts
Thumbs up

This bike will not see multiple dynos. I'm not that type of person. It will go on the dyno for tuning purposes only. I ride my bike.Numbers mean nothing to me[ and niether do braggers because none of that matters on the road.
Awesome.
Number mean nothing? Really? Are you OK if your motor pulls 125-130?
As I said earlier, once you said 136 is close to 140/140 you lost all credibility with me. That's number chasing, propped up results, period.
Trust me, it ain't close to 140/140- I have busted my *** on a few 124" builds and know the work it takes to get those #'s legit-a 10.8, no head work .640, or .625 cam standard bore/stroke 124" ain't pulling 140 square.
Tune the bike properly with the correct AFR and timing, and ride it-even if it's 125/130, which is actually common on a stock 124" (I can post S&S 124 crate numbers for you to prove this to you if you would like).
You can't have it both ways-
As I said, best of luck with your build, I'm sure it will be a strong runner...

Old 10-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Blackstreak
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PWMORRIS
Awesome.
Number mean nothing? Really? Are you OK if your motor pulls 125-130?
As I said earlier, once you said 136 is close to 140/140 you lost all credibility with me. That's number chasing, propped up results, period.
Trust me, it ain't close to 140/140- I have busted my *** on a few 124" builds and know the work it takes to get those #'s legit-a 10.8, no head work .640, or .625 cam standard bore/stroke 124" ain't pulling 140 square.
Tune the bike properly with the correct AFR and timing, and ride it-even if it's 125/130, which is actually common on a stock 124" (I can post S&S 124 crate numbers for you to prove this to you if you would like).
You can't have it both ways-
As I said, best of luck with your build, I'm sure it will be a strong runner...
Yes I am fine with whatever it puts out. The AFR is what I look at on dyno sheets. Not my first rodeo but thanks.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:32 PM
Blackstreak
Cruiser

Yes I am fine with whatever it puts out. The AFR is what I look at on dyno sheets. Not my first rodeo but thanks.
Well you have no credibility with me either. I'll be riding and you keep bragging and picking apart everything people say on your little internet forum.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:32 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Bet you wish you could take back the 136 is pretty much 140 comment LOL....ouch.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Blackstreak
Cruiser

Not really. I'm sure Mr. Perfect has said a thing or two that is a guesstimate also. I have spoken with many popular builders who disagree with that blowhard. Internet forums are no place for me. I prefer to get out and ride, which is what I'll do when I get my bike back. In fact I'm done here. When I get my bike back I will ride and enjoy it. Nobody needs to see the dyno sheet because they have already made their opinion so if I post it I'll just be painting a target on my head and one of the builders advised to stay away from forums because of this very thing anyway. He was so very right. No thanks.

Last edited by Blackstreak; 10-15-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Sisu
Road Captain
Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm expecting about 140 with my 117"..
It should move my Dyna just fine.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Blackstreak
Cruiser

OH GOOD HEAVENS! Don't let PWMORRIS know because he'll tell you exactly what it will put out before it sees a dyno. Yep he's that good just ask him.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Sisu
Road Captain
Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm just guessing.. If their (Star) 107"s put out 130/130 I figured 10 more cubes should get me there.. I have gear drive also, that should be good for a few more ponies.
My engine is all S$S Nothing is HD.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:20 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

OH GOOD HEAVENS! Don't let PWMORRIS know because he'll tell you exactly what it will put out before it sees a dyno. Yep he's that good just ask him.
Lol, What do I know, I only know what S&S tells me and what I have tested and seen with 124"'s over 15 years.....do you have the ***** to see what S&S says their 124"'s put out? Do you even know what you are talking about? Can't wait till you strap it up....the Dyno knows.
Do you think this is voodoo magic? That's results can be wildly different? No, the motors are cast, assembled, and built the exact same way with 10.8 CR .640's -and 10.2 with .625's. Unless you have a plugged up exhaust or something way off, or a terrible tuner/ignition, sorry man, you are only making 140 square in your dreams with a stock, crate 124" (or a BS Dyno)-and your real numbers will be most likely in the 120's-130's, especially HP.
For the third time, best of luck, and you can't go wrong with a 124".

I guarantee that 140/140 is NOT in your future, so get over it (unless you bump comp, have head work, or pay off the Dyno operator).....
Prove me wrong and strap it up-then post the results.
Sorry to have to give you the education 101, but you asked for it-

I can give you facts all day...
You really want to do this?
What have you done with big inch HD motors, who are you? What's your name and awards and accomplishments?
What do you know about S&S motors?
Look forward to hearing from you. I always love to be educated and am willing to learn.
Are you?

Last edited by PWMORRIS; 10-15-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: S&S 124" bagger build