European bike week at faaker see

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
FrenchPete
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
I plan on going this year as well, maybe we can hook up for a beer or 6....
Keep in touch. Possibly going to camp at the Campinganderwald site. Heard it's OK, near the "action" and easy to get to and from everywhere.
A beer or 6 sounds good to me!!!
Cheers
Pete

Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM
FrenchPete
3rd Gear
Smile Camping?

Originally Posted by martin wild
I went there last year, and yes it is a blast, if you can get to ride the Glostglokner road, about 18 euros toll but worth the ride up.
Also be careful of the German police on the Autobahns, near the German/Austrian border they stopped me and the wife and had stopped a number of other bikes, they were noise testing, those bikes that failed they removed the exhausts and left the bikes stranded. We passed but others failed, some ended up buying replacement systems.
And Yes you need to book, as early as possible as they fill up.
Hi, Where did you stay, heard that Campinganderwald is OK?? Possibly going to book in there.
Also, what's the costs of everything like, eg beer!!!
Cheers
Pete

Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchPete
Keep in touch. Possibly going to camp at the Campinganderwald site. Heard it's OK, near the "action" and easy to get to and from everywhere.
A beer or 6 sounds good to me!!!
Cheers
Pete
was checking out their website last night, looks like a decent camping area. gonna check with a buddy to see if he wants to come along then probably make reservations next week.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM
martin wild
1st Gear

Campinganderwald was the site I stayed at last year it is very near to the custom show part of Faaker See and a ten min walk to the Harley stages. The site is really good you can get food morning noon and night, you have to book as it gets rammed full Thursday onwards.
It is very well organised and the toilet facilities are kept clean at all times, highly recommend it. Good security. Take your ear plugs if you want to sleep. If you want to ride your bike to the Harley bit you need to ride all the way round the lake as a one way system is put in place.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:56 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

Another vote for camping-Anderwald. My wife and I stayed there last year and thought it was great. Not bad price, the staff was great, and the facilities were outstanding. Our campsite was right at the edge of the lake and we didnt really find noise to be a problem. At Anderwald you are closer to the wild side (Arnietz Village) of the partying than you are from the official Harley Village where things are a bit more tame and an endless sea of HOG patches and double priced HD dealer tents, just depends what you are in to.

Last edited by MichiganMikey; 04-17-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
FrenchPete
3rd Gear
Smile Going Going, Almost Gone!!

Hi Guys,
Booked the Camp site. Going to staying at CampingAnderwald. 17Euro per person, per night, which I suppose ain't too bad. Travelling down on the Sunday and will take my time and get there weds morning-ish!! According to the Michelin Guide it's about 800 miles from Calais/Dunkerque. Not decided on the route just yet but I'm sure as Hell gonna enjoy the ride. The Girlie is flying into Klagenfurt on the Thursday pm.
Thanx for the info.
Cheers to one and All.
Pete

Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

Originally Posted by FrenchPete
Hi Guys,
Booked the Camp site. Going to staying at CampingAnderwald. 17Euro per person, per night, which I suppose ain't too bad. Travelling down on the Sunday and will take my time and get there weds morning-ish!! According to the Michelin Guide it's about 800 miles from Calais/Dunkerque. Not decided on the route just yet but I'm sure as Hell gonna enjoy the ride. The Girlie is flying into Klagenfurt on the Thursday pm.
Thanx for the info.
Cheers to one and All.
Pete
Enjoy, Pete! Not sure if I will be able to make it or not this year, but if I do it will be at Anderwald again, maybe we will run into each other. Glad you are going to ride the bike down. It was funny last year when I rode down there, we saw more bikes on trailers then we did on the road. People get within 10 miles then park unload and roll into town on the bikes. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM
FrenchPete
3rd Gear
Default Austria HD

Well that's that then! Ferry booked, route sorted, Bike serviced-thanks Le Rock at Mansfield. Roll on Sunday and Austria here I come. The Missus is flying in on Thursday. Let the Party begin.
Thanx to all for comments and advise etc.
Hopeful for good weather and a great time.
Cheers
Pete
Grantham. UK

Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

Headed out tomorrow for Faaker See. Staying at camping anderwald again this year. If you see the bike in my signature pic, be sure to stop by and say hello. Looks like there will be a few of us there. Cheers and safe travels ladies and gents.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

Hope everyone had a great time at Faaker See this year. I know I did. Camping Anderwald were great hosts again this year and the party at Arnietz Village was awesome. Too bad this was my last European Bike Week since i will be headed back stateside next August. Cheers!

Quick Reply: European bike week at faaker see