Egg Run 2013 (Netherlands)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Egg Run 2013 (Netherlands)

Hey everyone,

Caught wind of a nice way to start out the "Riding Season" for those around the Netherlands.

http://eggrun.nl/

It is March 23rd (The Weekend before Easter) in 4 different Dutch cities. It looks like you ride to a few different children's hospitals and stuff. It is a 10 Euro fee to participate, but looks like a great cause. I am considering hitting up the ride in Breda. They say this is the 9th year for the ride. Anyone have any experiences from this to share?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Scrooge
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Petro, I participated in 2011 starting from Amsterdam. It is open for all bikes. In Amsterdam they had about 10 destinations and you would just join a group to your location of choice. In all honesty, I was not impressed by the organization (provided feedback to the team and they understood and shared my concerns). For example the guy leading the group was very nervous when we left the start location, slowing down, pulling down, indicating to leave the road but then change direction back last minute. I experienced his behavior as dangerous, especially as I had my (then) 12-year daughter with me. Once we were riding it was OK (although the other organized rides I participated in -Harley only- were much better organized) but when we were close to the final destination, he did not even know they exact end location .

In the past I participated from other locations and had a much better experience. I also hear good experiences from other bikers from other locations. If you participate, prepare by looking at which destinations they have. It is often a variety of hospitals, communities of mentally disabled, etc. It is a good cause and as always, it is what you make of it and you have to have "some luck" with the group you are joining. Also check where there destinations are. For you it might be convenient to look for a location in the direction of your home town. In the past they used to have destinations in Zeeland as well. If in doubt you can always reach out to the contact for Breda. Details are available trough the EggRun website.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Petro
Cruiser

Great, Thanks for the input Scrooge.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM
sietse
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Petro,

If everything works out fine, I will join it too. But for me it all will be in Roden, because I live in the Northern part of the Netherlands.

Have fun.

Kind regards,

Sietse

Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Default ugh

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I am being deployed short notice-so I won't make it. Do let me know how it was though.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM
sietse
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of the bad weatherforecast the organisation moved the run to april 6. This is for Roden only.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Scrooge
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In the end they rescheduled for all locations. So new chances for April 6th.