Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,685 Likes on 6,685 Posts

Looks good!

Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 PM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet find!! You are doing great on the clean up!

Old 04-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks good! I just went through a ThunderHeader install on my 1993 FLHS. I replaced the factory set up and SuperTrapp slipons with it. All in all, it was an easy install, although I ran into problems along the way.

The ThunderHeader is nice. A bit louder than the 'trapps with 16 discs in them. But it does have a distinctive sound.

Any idea if it still has the OEM cam in it? You might also consider upgrading to a Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker, to get 'air in, air out'. S&S also makes a good air cleaner. EVO's were strangled from the factory due to EPA restrictions (in the USA at least). Getting them to breath will really make you smile.

Again, good looking bike, and it was on the list of possibles for me but IIRC, was no longer available in 1993, when I ordered my bike.

Last edited by Hackd; 04-17-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:38 AM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

That is a beautiful motorcycle. The tach fuel gauge is pretty sweet. There is nothing better than a classic motorcycle that is basically all original(as far as I can tell).

You can ride that anywhere and it WILL stand out in a crowd of Harleys. Congrats on the scoot.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 AM
IanM
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
Nice.....lookin' CLEAN!
Originally Posted by flhchaz
You've got her lookin' shiny!
Originally Posted by ppilotmike
That cleaned up real nice! Mike
Originally Posted by Tommy C
Looks good!
Originally Posted by 92Fatty
Sweet find!! You are doing great on the clean up!
Originally Posted by Yamaharley
That is a beautiful motorcycle. The tach fuel gauge is pretty sweet. There is nothing better than a classic motorcycle that is basically all original(as far as I can tell).
You can ride that anywhere and it WILL stand out in a crowd of Harleys. Congrats on the scoot.
I appreciate it, The tach bounces around pretty good, and sometimes the gas gauge does the same. I'm trying to go back to the OE tach and gauge. I hope the Cop Gauge can fetch me a few bucks.

Thank you everyone, I think I'm pretty lucky to have such a bike. Although it's yet to be proven- I have the safety check and licensing today.

Originally Posted by Hackd
Looks good! I just went through a ThunderHeader install.
Any idea if it still has the OEM cam in it? You might also consider upgrading to a Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker, to get 'air in, air out'. S&S also makes a good air cleaner. EVO's were strangled from the factory due to EPA restrictions (in the USA at least). Getting them to breath will really make you smile.
Again, good looking bike, and it was on the list of possibles for me but IIRC, was no longer available in 1993, when I ordered my bike.
(Edit; Thats right. They made 1000 RTs in '92- The final year of production. 500 Red and 500 Black.)

Hey Hackd,
Congrats on your Thunderheader install- I wasn't too crazy how the exhaust flanges weren't included with the pipe, also I'm not a huge fan of the rear mounting strap- Speedkings Cycles fabricate a rear mount similar to the Twin Cam mounts, I might be interested one in the future.

When I picked up the bike- The ignition timing cover was off, which can sometimes indicate that somethings been done, but I honestly don't know.

On all the retailers websites, RevZilla, FortNine, JP, etc.. I can't find a Ness AC for a '92, tell me thats not suspicious.

One thing I am working on though is how to mount the Tour Pak. The pack I have- That the Tour Pak sits on, is not original. Although it goes fit in the grooves.

I'll add some pictures today and maybe get some feedback.

Thanks again,
Ian

Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 PM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear ya on the big sucker issue. I'm pretty sure I just have to get the 93 and up since my 92 heads have breather size holes except are nonbreathers. That is what I was going to do. I have a hypercharger and I'm ready to change.

Quick Reply: 1992 fxrt