EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Another Re-Do 1996 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:54 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mshred

That a late model wheel? What was involved in the swap?

That wheel came with both 1" and 3/4" bearings with 2 axle sleeves so you could set it up for either style. Super simple installation, put in correct axle sleeve and bearings and drill out rear 2 fender mounts a tiny bit to tilt the fender forward so it doesnt contact the wheel at full compression. Done.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 AM
mshred
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
That wheel came with both 1" and 3/4" bearings with 2 axle sleeves so you could set it up for either style. Super simple installation, put in correct axle sleeve and bearings and drill out rear 2 fender mounts a tiny bit to tilt the fender forward so it doesnt contact the wheel at full compression. Done.
Nice! And great thinking on the rear fender! So it was an aftermarket wheel then?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Moe horowetz
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I had better heat my garage so I can work on mine more
yours is looking top-notch. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mshred
Nice! And great thinking on the rear fender! So it was an aftermarket wheel then?

Drilling out the rear mounts was on the front fender....thought that was what you were talking about? The front wheel is aftermarket, the rear wheel was one I had on the shelf originally off a Road King Classic so that just mounted right up after I put a new tire on it.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:12 AM
mshred
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bparsel
Drilling out the rear mounts was on the front fender....thought that was what you were talking about? The front wheel is aftermarket, the rear wheel was one I had on the shelf originally off a Road King Classic so that just mounted right up after I put a new tire on it.
whoops! I read rear bolts and my mind went to rear fender for some reason...brain fart...thanks for clarifying! What year rkc rear wheel bolted up? Just an evo model with 3/4 axles?

Old 02-18-2019, 10:36 PM
mshred
Road Captain

Sorry for the questions- the street glide seat you had on there, what did it require to get it to mount up? Just picked up a 1998 that I'm looking to strip down similar to yours (tour pack only for really long hauls) and it came with the stock seat and a lepera solo, but I wouldn't mind a street glide seat for it too