EVO All Evo Model Discussion

In a class of your own! (Long opinion) worth reading tho.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default In a class of your own! (Long opinion) worth reading tho.

When I joined the forum I gravitated to the touring section. Been hanging there ever since. The things I have seen posted and go on there do so for reasons that eluded me until now. We get a lot of people posting there, asking legit questions, most are newbies, trying to learn from the expiernces of others. They post a thread and instead of an answer they get a sermon on go see your dealer, or read the manual, or some jerkoff hijacks the thread and flames the crap out of them. It's insane and yet it's allowed by the forum to go on over and over. It's insighted yours truly to get suckered into comendeering the thread and put a few of these classless idiots in their places.

There are some great people over there as well, people who invested in the newer bike technology, yet retained the core values I'm about to discuss, I am not addressing them in this, the people who fall outside the umbrella of my definitions know who they are, as they are usually one bad day away from owning a Gold Wing , where a true Harley enthusiast, brother, biker would never walk away......yea the loosers know who they are trust me. And they will attack his thread too, so I'll bet you get to meet them first hand before it over. But this thread ain't for them, it's a compliment to all of my brothers and sisters on the evo forum.

I've posted threads and wittnessed threads in the evo section as well, and I have yet to see that happen here. Occasionally maybe, but it's a very very rare occurence. Why though, why there and not here? True there are some twin cam owners who fall into the description you are about to read about my fellow Evo owners , but they are far and few between.

What separates us evo owners and riders? Well is it the age difference , is it because more mature people riders own the evo's? Is it because the twin cam owners which compose the bulk of that touring forum are young first time owners with a little more money and are just arrogant cocky jerks? Is it because they are stuck up, stuck on themselves , I mean are they so self righteous and judgmental that they really think the questions posed are not worthy of an intelligent response, why why why are the majority of the people outside of this evo section such ******** to their fellow bikers?

Well I suspect the evo bikers Area is a totality of the last generation of folks who were part of the original " real bikers" . Guys that saw something in the evo when it came out, some quality that stayed true to form, so they took a leap of faith into a new platform leaving their shovel heads, pan heads, and iron heads behind to ride a more dependable Harley that while new stayed very true to form. Old school bikers that had an idea, old school bikers that were not a part of the yuppie weekend rider club, guys that never believed they were any better than anyone else simply because they had the newest bestest thing.

Evo riders came from the lineage of riders from a day gone past where you stopped to help your Harley brother on roadside, we tend to recognize each other regardless of The model , year etc and instead of being jerks we are true to the lifestyle lived many generations of Harley's before us, Grandfathers, fathers, brothers and cousins, who knew how to treat others, they didn't get snooty. They knew who they were and they never deviated.

In short evo riders do not act mean, nasty or holier than thou.....evo riders do to look down upon a question or request for help as a sign of lazyeness, or stupidity. Evo riders do not flame a thread from the op because they feel like the question is stupid. Evo riders are remnants from the original bikers that founded, established and kept the Harley Davidson MOCO going from its post ww II " bikers" rallies and turned it into the true biker subculture, it was not a deliberate intentional act, it happened naturally as a result of an inborn need for comorordrie. It lasted and lasted on its own. Survived all sorts of adversaries, and remains now splintered and fractioned into small pockets of folks surrounded by the "bikers" who sadly lack the same common ground based loyalties to each other in favor of a more selfish mentality.

Evo riders continue to show a loyalties to each other and others that is inspired by a selfless quality, the common drive we share is from the soul, you can't catalogue it, market it or degradate it for......it's uniquely pure. It's about " CLASS" !

This section of the forum is as classy as it gets, old school values and ideals that live on in the hearts and minds of the evo riding lineage of the people who rode many years before them , and the people who were lucky enough to have their lives touched by those who rode with a purpose. Each of you and myself, and many others I suspect who have not made it over to the evo forum yet carry inside them the same truths, the same thought process as those decades ago through now, and because of that we embrace a pure, honest, loving , real passion to ride, to be bikers, and brothers. It's all about class......

And to each and every one of you ......I say thank you for representing who we are here...we are not better than anyone....but equal to all, we are not judgmental but quick to empathize, we are not in it for the money, we are in it for the ride........each and every one of you ooze "class"! I urge us all to not get caught up in any other bs........just keep doing what your doing.......because the Evolution was not just Harley's new engine, it was also the term for what happened to all the bikers as they transitioned into the last part of the 20th century to pass the torch to future bikers who represent the past, present and future with pride, dignity and the utmost of class !!!! I love ya all........

Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

Very insightful.....

I am right there with you. I use to go to the Touring section when I first came to the forums. I ran into the same things you mentioned. I've not been in the touring section in a few years now. I just don't like it.

Anyways, I don't think anyone else could have said it better......

Ha, we're so good over here that....everyone once in awhile we'll get a TC owner posting about a question reguarding the TC. He didn't get an answer or he got a crap answer....so he tried the EVO section. We always try to help out when we can.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was so inspired I had to write about it. Certain people should be ashamed.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Joboo- Right on. I just joined up tonight officially and glad to say that I have lurked far too long that I had to finally comment. You hit it on the head. I felt this way for a long time and had NO idea as to what the hell is going on. This is true here and out on the road. Something different with us end-of-the-boomers across the board (I'm 1964).
Cheers.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The things you speak of don't just occur in the Touring Section but you are correct. I tend to stay in the Evo section unless I'm bored.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Good write up! Although I am a twinkie guy but I know what you are saying. Its what you get with a public forum!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,688 Likes on 852 Posts

I've always said over the years, good people here, members have come and gone but the same willingness to help with class and many call it home.

Started riding with some well known and biker community established Shovel riders that taught me alot about riding and passed on alittle knowledge of the hidden trait of respect, use it as much as possible but some Harley owners don't deserve it.

Last edited by 1997bagger; 04-07-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Joboo1966,
Nicely written,

Old 04-07-2012, 04:02 PM
ccahdvm
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, Joboo, I think you just answered why I went from my shovelhead of 18yrs to a 6 year old evo-fatboy instead of buying a TC when I did finally decide to trade "up". I knew there was something about the Evo-engine being a little more true to its roots than the newer bikes but couldn't put the words together as well as you. I think it also explains why no matter who I meet along the road and in different groups, I always end up hanging with the "older" crowd that cares a lot more about the ride than about the bike - not who's got the latest chrome cover, or who has the biggest bored engine, who passed a semi going 105mph on a twisty in the ozarks, etc. etc. etc. I just couldn't go for a Harley without a "gap" between the engine and trans (that wasn't a sportie), or TWO cams (?!?!), or a bigger than "80inch" displacement, etc. Most people I meet now, and I welcome them all to the riding community, don't know how many cams their bike has, that there may be any advantage to having a carb, I've heard some wonder how come HD has never "advanced" to water cooled, and they're generally more concerned with what color a bike is than how many miles or what engine mods it has had. I can only hope that I'm more of the type of "biker" that you're describing.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't agree more, I steer clear of that touring forum.

Quick Reply: In a class of your own! (Long opinion) worth reading tho.