EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Oh for the love of all things holy.... 89 EG

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 12:16 PM
whynot2
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
Pretty simple, especially if you're not going to ride 2 up or use the tourpak.

Been having trouble putting pictures up.,.. so here goes....

Old 12-15-2018, 12:21 PM
whynot2
Advanced

Waiting till after Christmas to order a seat and hardware.... baby steps but oh well

Old 12-15-2018, 06:33 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,656 Likes on 5,191 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
When the answer is too blatant and obvious...
.My brain just goes on fire!
I truly wonder how these people will survive if they can't remove a GD seat! (without the world wide internet to help them.)
I am sure copulation will be a challenge too.
My sons are in their 40's now. They grew up farm boys. But I noticed when they were in high school many of the boys did not have a clue how to do much of anything with their hands. They could not use jumper cables. When many of us were their age we were rebuilding small blocks . I can understand some one not having a clue where to start. And generation plus was raised with no idea how to do much of anything. heck in the Army as the number of farm boys stop showing up , training became a lot harder.

The following users liked this post:
Kingglide549 (12-16-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 PM
whynot2
Advanced

Originally Posted by smitty901
My sons are in their 40's now. They grew up farm boys. But I noticed when they were in high school many of the boys did not have a clue how to do much of anything with their hands. They could not use jumper cables. When many of us were their age we were rebuilding small blocks . I can understand some one not having a clue where to start. And generation plus was raised with no idea how to do much of anything. heck in the Army as the number of farm boys stop showing up , training became a lot harder.
Smitty... I can see that... no doubt you are correct... I for one did not take an interest in working on cars (especially anything major) or anything else with a motor for that matter when I was in my teens or twenties...only after I started working and a family did I become any at all interested in working on anything mechanical.... my dad did a little shade tree work and tried to show me a thing or two but it wasn’t for me at the time.... my sons are not interested in anything but sports and girls... and of course the stupid phones and social media... so they are even further removed unfortunately...

the older I get the the more I kick myself for not taking an interest in it back in the day especially when my dad was trying to get my attention... that’s one of the reasons I try to learn a little about everything including things that burn gasoline or uses electricity...

Last edited by whynot2; 12-15-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:17 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by whynot2
Smitty... I can see that... no doubt you are correct... I for one did not take an interest in working on cars (especially anything major) or anything else with a motor for that matter when I was in my teens or twenties...
An interesting contrast, as in my teens I got roped in to helping pals work on their tired old cars and soon got fed-up of lying on my back on a cold wet road! When I finally decided I needed something with an engine I turned to a bike, as that seemed to be easier to work on. Eventually got hooked and the rest is history.....