EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Peace and Quiet with an Evo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,381 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I thought I would post something funny that happened to me a couple of days ago.

I have been struggling to read, especially at work for the last several months so I went get my eyes checked out. I have been in bifocals since the pancreatitis a few years ago.

Anyway, the tech is going through the preliminary stuff with me and was nervous and reluctant about asking how my multiple sclerosis was doing. I don't have MS. Apparently they accidentally checked a box that said I did during my last exam. From then on, during the rest of the time I was there I periodically did like something was wrong and I was paralyzed on one side or something. It was funny as hell.

Another thing is she needed to look at my retinas. She had me place my chin in the bar. I noticed the thing wasn't adjusted correctly but didn't say anything. When I got in position I noticed it was lined up with my mouth instead of my eyes. When she put her eyes on it to have a look, I opened my mouth and she got a look at my tonsils. She jumped back then laughed when she saw what was happening.

Overall, a fun visit at the eye doctor, laughing and cutting up.

My distance vision is about the same but my close up vision is a lot worse. So I am glad I will be getting some improvement and it is not my imagination.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:09 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

My close vision dropped off a cliff when I hit 50. Sucks.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,618 Likes on 2,728 Posts

When my far better than average sight started losing the close up focus in my late 40's, it was one of the toughest physical changes I've had to deal with, emotionally. After 50 I started wearing glassses to drive, and even with glasses I can't read signs nearly as far away as I could before the change. It's still frustrating sometimes when I forget my reading glasses going out and have to use the magnifying feature on my phone to read a menu. Tried progressive bifocals, couldn't stand them, so I have reading glasses by the recliner and in the kitchen, and a different prescription glasses for the computer. My walk around/driving glasses kick in at about 6' so those still work for the tv. Not really convenient, but that's what works for me. Eye doc told me years ago I had the slight cloudiness that would turn into cataracts needing surgery by my late 50's. I actually liked that idea, insurance would cover new lenses if it was for cataracts, but here I am at 71 and it never got worse, stuck with old age vision unless I want to spend several thousand for the lenses the eye doc said would give my eyes better than 20/20 again. Argh...

But... Prot, you make me feel lucky. I've sure had my share of injury and illnesses, but the only things that didn't get all better was a little motion limitation in my left foot (I occasionally miss a shift on the bikes) and I've learned to be careful bending over, too fast and I invite another round of back pain. I'm sure you'd be glad to trade ailments with me, feel sympathy for you reading about all these miseries you've been afflicted with. I'll admit I found it tough when it was just a few weeks or months, and not a lot of those periods, know it takes a mentally strong person to continue with a lifetime of it and keep a positive attitude. Hope it never gets too bad for you to do that.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,381 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I thought the eye doctor story was hilarious. I guess you had to be there.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,618 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
I thought the eye doctor story was hilarious. I guess you had to be there.
I thought it was funny. I've had a couple fun moments with health care people, too. Best was a nurse at my daughter's birth. Kept asking how I felt, did I need to sit down. When it was over I picked up the placenta, looked it over and poked at it; she looked horrified, "what are you doing!?". Told her I thought it was an amazing thing, and she turned and left the room. Doc looked at me and I told him I just had to do it, after the way she was bugging me. He thought it was kind of funny, too.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:44 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,338 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Took a 90 mile ride today and didn't need jacket or chaps...
I love Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2018, 09:53 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,132 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I like Texas in the winter, usually go down and visit my cousins then. Too damn hot in the summer. Too many snakes on the farm.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:56 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
This is what I did today,

Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,338 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
This is what I did today,
What's all that white crap on the ground??????????

Old 12-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Schex
Supporter
Received 6,848 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Winter took a break in Louisiana this weekend, 80 degree bluebird day today, yesterday was almost as nice, laid down a few hundred miles, leather weather to return Tuesday!

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!