EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Adding a radio to a 95 flht.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:58 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member
Received 288 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 89FLHT
My 89 is an old cop bike that did not have a radio. while it is very similar to your bike, I'm sure there are a few differences.

when you take off the outer fairing you will see a hirizontal bracket theat bolts to each side of the inner fairing and stabilizes it. On mine it has a small tab welded to the middle of it with a hole.

when I put the radio in, the radio also stuck out 1/2". I made up some nylon spacers and grabed 4 longer bolts and spaced the horizontal bracket away from the inner fairing. Then I could slide the radio in and use the center tab of the bracket to bolt the radio to it. It has worked well for the last 15k...

If your bracker has the tab, you can space it and be good to go, if not fabbing and welding a small bracket is quick and cheap to do.
I do have the bracket. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks

thanks

Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by the_ogre25
The center bracket is for your electra glide. I dont know if you need the bracket(106) to make the radio fit but it sounds like you need the nose seal(110). The nose seal goes on and the trim ring the radio came with goes on the inside, and replaces 114. I will go out and get some pic for you, if you need I can pull the outer off and get pics of the inside.
The part numbers are: 76274-88 bracket mtg.
76280-88 nose seal
If 76274-88 is the cross brace with the rear mount tab for the radio, I have that.
I'll see if I can find a nose seal.

I did get the sticky sheet and the u shaped piece.

Thanks for the pictures and the part numbers.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM
the_ogre25
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The part that the back of the radio bolts two is called the cross brace. 76274-88 is the sleeve that you slide your Sony's mounting sleeve into, part 106 on the sound system drawing.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member

I ordered the nose seal and was told the sleeve is no longer available. I found some generic din mounting plates so I'll see what I can do when the nose seal gets in.
I hooked up my radio with the biketronics module and the radio is DOA. Now it will be a couple of weeks before I get the new radio.

If it was easy, anyone could do it!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
the_ogre25
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if your dealer can search the database for the sleeve around your area. You could probably make one fairly easy though, it is just a little bigger than the aftermarket radio sleeve and has the ears on the front for the 4 bolts that go through the nose seal and the sleeve into the two nut plates.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 PM
ultra 95 rider
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R&R radio

New to the site. This thread has been alot of help with my own upgrade to the radio. Just another question, I bought the NBT-1006 Retro kit.
I also bought a sony marine radio. Before I start with the upgrade I need to know if anybody has done this to the ultra classic electra glide. My 95 came with all the factory goodies to include the radio with the CB. it is all run through the console on the tank. I want to remove the console Since everything on it pertains to the CB. My question is has anybody done this? Will every thing work if I remove the old harnesses and striat wire to the trunk speakers. I'm gooing to attempt this this weekend so a quick reply would be great
Thanks
Sid

Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you remove the console, nothing will work. Not CB, intercom or rear speakers. CB is under the Tour Pak and requires the radio to work. Rear speakers can be wired to work with another radio, but the switches, or volume on them will not work.

I believe only the volume and station change on the handlebars can be wired using the aftermarket kit, but check with them for that vintage of bike switches.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:59 PM
skipc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flt radio

go to biketronics.com they are great good tech help. iput a complete system in my EG standard for under $500.00.Very fast install. Everything you need.Best sounding system i ever had. Skip C

Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 PM
ultra 95 rider
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 FLHTCU radio replacement

Hey I did the Biketronics BT6001 Kit I also got a sony marine radio off of E-Bay total was under $200.00. The only problem I ran into was not getting any power to the radio once I put it all in. Called and talked to one of the sales guys @ biketronics names Patrick. This guy knows his bikes. told him the problem and he told me to check a few things. He also explained that the Harley wiring diagram is screwed up.
I found out that the 1AMP fuse in the lower right corner is actually hooked into the radio system, Patrick told me to change it out with a 10Amp. I got home changed the fuse and the radio plays like a charm. alot less problems than I figured it would be. I also removed all the old dash wiring. The CB crap is a night mare but with the help of patrick from biketronics I finished it.
By the way does anybody out there have a copy of the spot light wireing Circuit. I have a book that does not have the color codes If any body can help me out it would be appreciated

The following users liked this post:
Plumn8tr (07-29-2020)