EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Trying Something Different

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

The lowers look really nice on your bike !!

I know the saddlebag lid speakers are pricey, but you would love the sound produced from 4 speakers. My buddy installed them on his Street Glide, and his system now sounds great.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lowers look great!
Any change in handing? Heat? Noise?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by schwangster
Lowers look great!
Will find out shortly, loading up Sunday for South Dakota and Cody Wyoming for a ultimate testing, got a feeling I'm going to start hearing that Woods cam now.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by run1fsr
The lowers look really nice on your bike !!

I know the saddlebag lid speakers are pricey, but you would love the sound produced from 4 speakers. My buddy installed them on his Street Glide, and his system now sounds great.
I hear ya, or I think a can after setting this stereo up and testing it

Old 08-18-2013, 06:18 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Enjoy !!

After purchasing my Ultra, I remember my first long ride with tunes. It’s now a must for me on a touring bike.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by schwangster
Lowers look great!
Ok, big test on the open roads with no change in handling, Woods cam was still not noticable. 115 degrees in the Badlands rock formation area and noticed lack of air onto the leg area and pushed more heat out of the rear of the engine into the crotch area but it was f-in hot and had alcohol abuse the night before so negative in hot weather with air flow.

Handling, we got into a few open plane races with mostly 103's in the 6 bike group and the White Bike represented us well, my speedo is off but late model bike speedos were reported at 110 mph and the White Bike was pulling away. Outcome: handled well at high speeds with temporary insanity present by owner.

Stereo worked great, had trouble with bright sunlight with display on the phone, cell phone overheated in the Badlands shutting the system down. Lower speaker systems must have good speakers and some power or won't be heard on the road, this setup along with larger saddlebag lid speakers would be the cata$$ but not going to pursue as stereo's are too expensive

Stereo performed well and entertainment at the motel, good friends, no wives, great riding and hearing late model Harley owners saying they didn't think Evo's ran that good was priceless.

Note to myself: for the first time I got the rear end death wobble when hitting a bump in a curve at higher speeds, will need to replace swing arm bushings this winter, this is a bad feeling as reported by others on this forum

Last edited by 1997bagger; 09-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Ok, big test on the open roads with no change in handling, Woods cam was still not noticable. 115 degrees in the Badlands rock formation area and noticed lack of air onto the leg area and pushed more heat out of the rear of the engine into the crotch area but it was f-in hot and had alcohol abuse the night before so negative in hot weather with air flow.

Handling, we got into a few open plane races with mostly 103's in the 6 bike group and the White Bike represented us well, my speedo is off but late model bike speedos were reported at 110 mph and the White Bike was pulling away. Outcome: handled well at high speeds with temporary insanity present by owner.

Stereo worked great, had trouble with bright sunlight with display on the phone, cell phone overheated in the Badlands shutting the system down. Lower speaker systems must have good speakers and some power or won't be heard on the road, this setup along with larger saddlebag lid speakers would be the cata$$ but not going to pursue as stereo's are too expensive

Stereo performed well and entertainment at the motel, good friends, no wives, great riding and hearing late model Harley owners saying they didn't think Evo's ran that good was priceless.

Note to myself: for the first time I got the rear end death wobble when hitting a bump in a curve at higher speeds, will need to replace swing arm bushings this winter, this is a bad feeling as reported by others on this forum

awesome

out of curiosity, what model amp/speakers did you end up with? the UniqCycle amp leaves a lot to be desired, and giving some serious thought to adding a bigger amp / possibly saddlebag speakers (assuming i dont just do the Scala system in my Shoei for long trips)

I hear ya on the swingarm. my speedo is WAY off (says 50, im doing 60....@ 67 I'm going 85...verified by another bike with a known good speedo....i wonder how fast I was going when it said 95mph lol). i'm getting a wicked death wobble straight-line much above 85mph...tire pressures arent doing a thing to it, neck bearings are tight, so im guessing its rear end....even with the bagger brace. good thing i got an 07 swingarm sitting here (collecting parts for the next winter project)

Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jasper86
awesome

out of curiosity, what model amp/speakers did you end up with? the UniqCycle amp leaves a lot to be desired, and giving some serious thought to adding a bigger amp / possibly saddlebag speakers (assuming i dont just do the Scala system in my Shoei for long trips)

I hear ya on the swingarm. my speedo is WAY off (says 50, im doing 60....@ 67 I'm going 85...verified by another bike with a known good speedo....i wonder how fast I was going when it said 95mph lol). i'm getting a wicked death wobble straight-line much above 85mph...tire pressures arent doing a thing to it, neck bearings are tight, so im guessing its rear end....even with the bagger brace. good thing i got an 07 swingarm sitting here (collecting parts for the next winter project)
Used a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel motorcycle amp, it gets hot but stays in pumping out power, Fosgates are true rated power. If you have room like putting an amp in a saddle bag, go with a larger body amp to cut down on heat, the smaller amp uses the whole body to transfer heat and hot to the touch.
Kicker QS 60.2 5 1/4 speakers, spent premium coin that are clear as the Wyoming sky but if doing it over I would wait for the 6 1/2 speaker pods for the lowers to become available, they were backordered when putting the lowers together.

Tailwag sucks when being aggressive and if your speedo said 95, you were entering insanity as I did on a big bike.