Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Sawicki Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 03:23 PM
kingcycles
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked for a refund last week. He said no problem it would be taken care of on 5/24. No refund yet.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:19 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,818 Likes on 3,320 Posts

Were you having it ceramic coated or something like that? Because I can remember when I ordered my RB pipe it took forever as well because they were waiting to get x amount of orders to get a batch pricing on the coating. They send them out for that, hence the wait.....

Old 05-26-2016, 12:02 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Were you having it ceramic coated or something like that? Because I can remember when I ordered my RB pipe it took forever as well because they were waiting to get x amount of orders to get a batch pricing on the coating. They send them out for that, hence the wait.....
A year?

Old 05-26-2016, 06:06 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by qtrracer
A year?
No not a year on the initial wait but it was 4 months.... Not only that by the time I got them riding season was over and by the next spring the pipe started to spot up, like rust was forming under the ceramic coating. I sent them back to have them re-coated and they started getting nasty with me. Telling me I sprayed something all over them. Yea right, **** me!!!! Be real. They blamed me but still had them re-coated on their dime.... After they notified me of getting them back from the coater (2 1/2 months later), she said that she would get them out when she can..... and actually held my pipes for 5 weeks before they shipped..... When I asked her why they haven't shipped yet she said that " I only have 2 hands you know" and I said really, they've been sitting on your shelf waiting for shipping for 5 weeks. She finally got tired of me calling and shipped them back. Another 3 1/2 months without an $1100.00 set of pipes. The hole fiasco went almost a full year from the day I paid for them. SO yea maybe it was a year...... Don't care for snotty people....

Old 05-26-2016, 09:17 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
No not a year on the initial wait but it was 4 months.... Not only that by the time I got them riding season was over and by the next spring the pipe started to spot up, like rust was forming under the ceramic coating. I sent them back to have them re-coated and they started getting nasty with me. Telling me I sprayed something all over them. Yea right, **** me!!!! Be real. They blamed me but still had them re-coated on their dime.... After they notified me of getting them back from the coater (2 1/2 months later), she said that she would get them out when she can..... and actually held my pipes for 5 weeks before they shipped..... When I asked her why they haven't shipped yet she said that " I only have 2 hands you know" and I said really, they've been sitting on your shelf waiting for shipping for 5 weeks. She finally got tired of me calling and shipped them back. Another 3 1/2 months without an $1100.00 set of pipes. The hole fiasco went almost a full year from the day I paid for them. SO yea maybe it was a year...... Don't care for snotty people....
Understood. I was referring to kingcycle waiting almost a year, I though that was what you were speaking about. I had RB racing exhaust but mine was chrome and I got it in 4 weeks no drama. But my D&D made 10 more hp, didn't lose any tq and is a bit quieter. The only exhaust I would ever order and wait for would be the Burns NhB exhaust but it's $1699, whoa!!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:08 PM
kingcycles
2nd Gear

I can understand about waiting for the ceramic coating, but 3 months ago he told me it was done and he would send me the tracking numbers. I repair and customize bikes for a living and I could never do this to a customer. I am a Harddrive/ Western Powersports dealer and they sell his pipes for Dyna. Harddrive has them in stock so I assume he blew off his custom ordered pipes to stock the distributor. Seems to be a good product but lousy business practices.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:45 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingcycles
I can understand about waiting for the ceramic coating, but 3 months ago he told me it was done and he would send me the tracking numbers. I repair and customize bikes for a living and I could never do this to a customer. I am a Harddrive/ Western Powersports dealer and they sell his pipes for Dyna. Harddrive has them in stock so I assume he blew off his custom ordered pipes to stock the distributor. Seems to be a good product but lousy business practices.
That really sucks man....I can understand your anger. Hope your customer understands as well...

I ended up buying a Bassani RR with the longer baffle (found it on fleabay for $300 brand new still in the manufacturers box) and I must say by the butt it feels much better at low and mid. Next week should be on the dyno. we'll see how it matches up to the RB pipe....

Old 09-14-2016, 09:23 PM
kingcycles
2nd Gear

A long overdue update on my Sawicki pipe. It finally got delivered and what a quality setup it is! I guess they just got swamped with orders and had to work there way out of it. Tyler was very sincere in wanting to get caught up with the backlog and came through. They should be pretty well caught up by now.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:28 PM
robmict
Stage I
Default Sawicki hasn’t changed

I orfdered an exhaust in May of 2017, I have been in constant contact with Tyler. I always got some excuse. Now that my order has gone beyond credit card dispute time Tyler hasn’t responded to a single e-mail. Buyer beware of Sawicki.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:16 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I talked to him yesterday, he's around.

He's one of the few custom pipe builders who actually will answer my emails.

It seems these days, if it can't be ordered out of a catalog, no one cares.

Hell, even Paughco hasn't returned my emails.

The following users liked this post:
leakedoil (01-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Sawicki Exhaust