Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Stock 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Stock 2 into 1

How much of the total exhaust do you think comes out the left side as opposed to the right on a springer classic. The reason I ask, is I have a stock header, and I want to eliminate the left side. It's only a 1 inch branch that comes out at a weired angle. I shouldn't think that more than 20% goes out that side. I have not had it on, or i would check myself. I'm gonna hang a SE slip on on the end of this set up. I'm going for the retro 2 into 1 look, and I don't want a left side pipe. So I'm gonna just cut off that branch piece and weld a patch on it, and give it a try. If it sucks, I'll just do something else. I don't care for the look of the Roadhouse 2 in 1.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Stock 2 into 1

A friend of mine put Rineharts slipons on his . The right side tip paint burnt off and the left side stayed the same. Like you he figures most goes out the right side.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it's about an 80% right/20% left split.

A lot of people take a small patch and make the stock headers either a true dual system or a 2-1 type system, depending on where you weld the patch.

For me, get rid of the stock pipes and go with an aftermarket system..........it will work better.

Steve

Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks. Yeah I know an aftermarket system is better, but I don't like the looks of any of them, and one of the reasons I'm doing this is there's rumblings here in Marxachusetts that there's gonna be a Denver style law coming down concerning MC exhausts. I've got Big Shot longs on it right now, so I'll probly run those this year. I was kinda just wondering if anybody ever had a 1 3/4" two into one header on there 88" and what it ran like with that on.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like this????

Here's mine.
Cut the crossover pipe off. Welded a scab made from the cut off pipe.
I run into a stock pipe with 1 baffle drilled out.
I like the way it sounds.
I like the way it runs.

I have a Arlen Ness big sucker and a stage 1 map.

That's it.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
DRAGO1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock y pipe on baggers puts more low end power then true duals. The true duals from when we dyno puts out a little more on top end. But you have to ask your self where do I do ride my back at Most people ride around 1000/3500 not 5500rpm so where do you want your power I would say more on the low end and middle. There is a math to all this what pipe works best if you want to know .

Frank From

D.B.W