Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

True Duals Gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
zzmellio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Duals Gone!!!

Just got back from Eureka Springs AR. on Sunday&nbsp\\; Bike ran great but I was disipointed in the lack of TQ when pulling the hills 2 up. When the Ole Lady and I got home I pulled the Fullsac conversion and re installed the factory Y pipe and re installed my V&amp\\;H Basic Slipons.&nbsp\\; Man what a diffence in low end TQ and&nbsp\\;it gets up to speed way faster than with the true duals and 6th gear is more pleasurable at lower speeds.&nbsp\\; I used to not shift into 6th untill around 70 to 75 mph, now 65mph and I feel no lugging.&nbsp\\; I guess the addition to re introducing backpreasure into the motor makes the engine feel tighter.&nbsp\\; I did notice a little loss of top end but who cruises at that speed for extend pierods?&nbsp\\; Another benifit is I gained back about 6 to 7 MPG. &nbsp\\;No more vibration whatsoever&nbsp\\;at any rpm or gear, idle is way smoother,&nbsp\\;Db's are down by atleast 50%&nbsp\\;and my bike is more refined and&nbsp\\;responsive.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\; After 5 hours of listening to the true duals I was getting shell shock.&nbsp\\; I have a set of RJ Original heat shields and I swear the heat output is less with the Y pipe and the factory heat shields installed.&nbsp\\; The Fullsac reuses the factory shields but on the rear pipe you only get about 1/4 to 1/3 coverage.&nbsp\\; I believe with the exposed pipe, more heat is radiated and the RJ's funnel air in and blow direct heat out.&nbsp\\; Anyway my bike is a pure joy now with just V&amp\\;H Basic slipons, PCIII, SE/AC, and IDS.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts
Default RE: True Duals Gone!!!

We have also witnessed great power from the OEM headpipes, combined with certain mufflers.
Supertrapp slip-ons are about the best.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Quickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&nbsp\\;At what speed or rpms did you notice vibration with you duals? Ever since I put Kerkers on my stock head pipes I have noticed a vibration at different highway speeds. I was told it was the air bag baffles opening. I hate it. Do you Like the sound of your V&amp\\;H slip ons?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
chaswood
Cruiser

the rinos are great looking and sound awsume. but on a long *** trip your ears ring a couple of days after. im thinking of the rino quiet baffles.
any body try that???????????
thanks
cb

Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Smiley
Novice

I put the Cobra true duals on with Rush 2.25 slip-ons on my 07 RK classic and have had no problem.&nbsp\\; Even gained 5 mpg when I did that.&nbsp\\; Still rides just fine in all gears even 2up.