Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE HTCC ported heads vs SE MCR heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE HTCC ported heads vs SE MCR heads

I need some advise to choose between these 2 heads for my 07 Dyna, what are tha major differences &amp\\; which SE cam do u recommend i go for to match the head (i'm looking for good low-mid range torque)

Old 06-21-2008, 01:56 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts
Default RE: SE HTCC ported heads vs SE MCR heads

Whats your build going to consist of? Heads are just part of the whole package. Have you thought about having your heads ported, pretty good bang for the buck.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain

Dont want to mess with my dealer (warranty issues) thats why i'm only considering SE parts. I was thinking of SE MCR head + SE 258 cam.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Even the dealer can't and really doesn't warrenty, "For Harley", a whole lot of things they do, nomatter what kind of parts put in. They might guarantee for themselves the work and parts but out on the road....You are own your own.
The catalog plainly states this and will point out which SE parts are for OFF ROAD use only. Except for a few things, you or the dealer,&nbsp\\;open that engine at&nbsp\\;YOUR own risk.
I expect my engine warrenty went out the window, a while back.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:27 PM
wfolarry
Tourer
Received 164 Likes on 87 Posts

If you're going with SE heads go with the MCR heads &amp\\; pick a different cam. That 258 ain't gonna give you the&nbsp\\;low - mid torque that you want.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are very few combinations of HD performance engine parts that are actually warranted in the event of failure.&nbsp\\; Your dealer may warranty the work they do for you and maybe will warranty the parts for a time, but you will not get the same warranty as if it was stock.&nbsp\\; And if on a trip and away from your dealer, you will most likely be SOL.&nbsp\\; Remember that the remaining warranty is still in effect for any parts of the bike that you do not modify.&nbsp\\; HD parts are mass produced, the heads designed to work with a variety of pistons and cams so the build produces middle of the road results most of the time, not bad, but not what is attainable.&nbsp\\; Custom builds match the pistons and cams to the heads and the porting so that you end up with a package designed to produce the greatest increase in performance possible from those components.
&nbsp\\;
If you use aftermarket parts to build the engine, that are from a reputable company such as HeadQuarters, or GMR, you are getting quality parts that will meet or exceed the lifespan of the original components as long as the person doing the build does it right.&nbsp\\; It is no more difficult to do an aftermarket build than an all HD build, the parts go on in the same way, all checks during the build are the same so you can expect a long life out of quality components.&nbsp\\; I always recommend HQ as I have very good results from them along with great customer service, but there are others out there that also put out quality products.&nbsp\\; Do your homework and really think out the warranty as being the driving factor, it will be a non issue if the work is done correctly.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Rebel78
Road Captain

I have a good relation with my dealer (they offer me 20% discount on big jobs &amp\\; 10% on standard) plus a full warranty cover even if the SE part is not a "street use" beside i dont have the privilege of choosing after market products in this part of the world! I can still order some parts online, but no body has the needed experience to fit aftermarket products, no one even uses dyno tune here!! Thats another issue, i dont know how the hell will they calibrate the ECU &amp\\; which map would they use!!

Old 06-22-2008, 02:58 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

i'll buy your stock ones if they're black.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
t-max is good solution if you can't find a tuner.