Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

engine build what do you guy's think

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Sheldon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine build what do you guy's think

I have a 06 Heritage Classic (carburated) with S/E air Cleaner & Vance&Hines 2into 1 pro pipe and I'd like to get it to 90hp. I had it dyno'd and I have 74hp and83ft lbs tq. now. I'm looking to buy a set of stock heads off e-bay or somewhere and do a valve job and some light porting and a new set of 95" jugs from Harley and a set of S/E cast flat top pistons (9.4:1 compression) and andrews 37g gear drive cams. reason for buying the heads and juggs is I wanna keep my stock parts and also I want to send the juggs and heads to Nevada and have them diamond cut this way when I get them back I can just take off the old and on with the new with no down time What do you guy's think
will this make 90 hp?
Thanks
Sheldon

Attached Thumbnails engine build what do you guy's think-bike-pics-011.jpg  
Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

hillside or Baisley heads work great with that build. if you need some dyno sheets to compare the 37g to a tw6 build let me know and i will e-mail them to you.
the tw6 i know not mentioned will require more compression.
the 37g cam did you order it yet i think they are on back order from andrews. with the compression you want to run the 37g is a good cam
have a happy new year
George

Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Sheldon
Cruiser
Wink

Thanks George for the quick reply. I was wondering where to send the heads to get worked on and no I haven't ordered anything yet was kind of wondering if I had the right combination of parts? I could go with the high compression pistons
that would give me 10.25:1 c/r would I then need compression releases?
I would kind of like to stay away from that if I could? and Yes I'd like to see the dyno sheets to compare Like I said I'm looking for about 90 hp and some good passing torque
Sheldon

Old 12-31-2008, 05:13 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sheldon
Thanks George for the quick reply. I was wondering where to send the heads to get worked on and no I haven't ordered anything yet was kind of wondering if I had the right combination of parts? I could go with the high compression pistons
that would give me 10.25:1 c/r would I then need compression releases?
I would kind of like to stay away from that if I could? and Yes I'd like to see the dyno sheets to compare Like I said I'm looking for about 90 hp and some good passing torque
Sheldon
10.25 comp
then you are talking tw6 cam , with the Baisley heads or Hillside stg 2 you will be over 100/100 with the higher compression build.
with the lower compression build youwill be just at 100/100.
pm me youe e-mail address and ii will send you over the sheets
George

Old 12-31-2008, 05:29 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 06 Heritage Classic (carburated) with S/E air Cleaner & Vance&Hines 2into 1 pro pipe and I'd like to get it to 90hp. I had it dyno'd and I have 74hp and83ft lbs tq. now. I'm looking to buy a set of stock heads off e-bay or somewhere and do a valve job and some light porting and a new set of 95" jugs from Harley and a set of S/E cast flat top pistons (9.4:1 compression) and andrews 37g gear drive cams. reason for buying the heads and juggs is I wanna keep my stock parts and also I want to send the juggs and heads to Nevada and have them diamond cut this way when I get them back I can just take off the old and on with the new with no down time What do you guy's think
will this make 90 hp?
Thanks
Sheldon
Instead of buying a new set of 95" jugs from Harley, you could buy a set of used jugs from a forum member or eBay, and have them bored. I think the tolerances would be a tighter fit to your pistons.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

i have a set if ya need them??????? just pay shipping..

Old 12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Sheldon
Cruiser
Default engine build

Thanks for the quick responces guys !! now I have another question will my stock carb work ok and will I need to do anything with the stock ignition like a performance ignition modual Thanks again
Sheldon

Old 12-31-2008, 06:32 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

stock carb will work just fine altho i hear the mik really wakes up the low end more.
i dont think you will need an ign modular but some one with more exp in carbs should be around soon. i have talked to scotty a few times about the ign with thw tw6 cams and some times they leave it at the stock position with a mild build.
G

Old 12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
txtec
Banned

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
i have a set if ya need them??????? just pay shipping..
i need a set of grey cyls for a fxd if you have them i'll pay shipping and send you mine back when i take them off,there bored 3.875 now

Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 PM
new_mentor70
Tourer

Thanks for the quick responces guys !! now I have another question will my stock carb work ok and will I need to do anything with the stock ignition like a performance ignition modual Thanks again
Sheldon
At right around 10 to1 comp. timming needs to be dealt with.

the Daytona Twin Tech is the way to deal with that.

mine has the Head-Quarters custom advance curve, and its the ****!

all I had to do was dail in the carb and i was set!

i also use a Mikuni 42 and its a very responcive combo.

Quick Reply: engine build what do you guy's think