Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

dual cross over exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:45 AM
EAFD507
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual cross over exhaust

my 05' Softail Springer Classic (carb.) just came in this weekend. After riding all weekend w/ my buddies loud bikes, I am already tired of the sound the stock pipes make, or lack there of. Not to mention the ribbin' I get from not only my buddies, but they're ladies. I have been looking at a number of differant exhaust systems for a few months now. I really want to keep the rear duals outback. However i would like to get the fishtail pipes to give my bike the "ole school" look. I have been leaning toward the Samson True Dual crossovers, especially the fishtail straight pipes. I really like the sleek look. I know that straight pipes will rob horsepower. If i install baffles or torque tones would that help w/ power in the straight pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions on these pipes or any others like it. I want to be loud, but not loose any power. If possible i would like to gain some power. On my Sporty I had SE mufflers. They were good pipes but not as loud as i would like. I am somewhat ignorate when it comes to aftermarket exhaust. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.