Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh well, the good old days.

Last edited by Old Gunny; 05-23-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What would it take for a fatboy? Have a friend with an 08 train that said he did one on accident when he pulled out in front of a car that was closer than he first thought. I've tried a few times and nothing. If I'm going too slow and try it spins the tire. If I try a little faster, it just doesn't seem to have the power.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTF
What would it take for a fatboy? Have a friend with an 08 train that said he did one on accident when he pulled out in front of a car that was closer than he first thought. I've tried a few times and nothing. If I'm going too slow and try it spins the tire. If I try a little faster, it just doesn't seem to have the power.
about 10 to 15 mph,bring it to 3500 dump the clutch,hang on. you revin to high if you spinning the tire,hit it at peak trq,about 3500,keep the rear brake covered in case it gos to high for ya.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain

If I tried this on my 04 RK w/ the stock 88... I'd either A> wreck or B> damage something. Don't think a stock 88 with a 250lb rider will do that... though part of me wants to find out...

Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

them boys in the video are pretty wild ,

Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder who works on their bikes. Do they do themselves.
A 07 above has a narrow drive belt. Can be broke.
Regardless suggest you be close to home. Less pushing.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

most people who are out stunting on there bikes have gone to a chain -- belt will not hold up to constant stress and strain like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cEwU...eature=related

Originally Posted by Old Gunny
I wonder who works on their bikes. Do they do themselves.
A 07 above has a narrow drive belt. Can be broke.
Regardless suggest you be close to home. Less pushing.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Bigbluefatboy
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLSTF

maybe try alittle less air pressure in the rear tire?

Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lyn,
Yeah lucky on the west coast we see that stuff all the time. Im sure Rare Breed Atl gets down like the LA chapter too. Alot of that H D Tv stuff is filmed at the Fresno runs and it nice to see that stuff live. Yeah some of the bikes take a betting but its amazing to see how long some of those guys can hold there wheelies. Im still working on my burnout and sideways but hopefully by next yrs Fresno run I can hit the strip with a nice wheelie.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

we don't have it so much in ATL--our bike nites are ride in sit down eat cruise the parking lot--every bike nite I've been to in LA has turned into a stunt show---you are absolutely correct video does nothing like being there in person
Originally Posted by jackinthebox
Lyn,
Yeah lucky on the west coast we see that stuff all the time. Im sure Rare Breed Atl gets down like the LA chapter too. Alot of that H D Tv stuff is filmed at the Fresno runs and it nice to see that stuff live. Yeah some of the bikes take a betting but its amazing to see how long some of those guys can hold there wheelies. Im still working on my burnout and sideways but hopefully by next yrs Fresno run I can hit the strip with a nice wheelie.

Quick Reply: wheelies?