Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

rev tech 11o evo engine build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
The concern is the quality of the components. There is a reason that RevTech is so much less expensive (and why at the beginning Revtech went to a 20,000 mile warranty to encourage buyers to consider Revtech because when they first came out they were pretty unreliable.)

Like Harley however, who also cheapened the brand, I suspect that they must be somewhat better nowadays.
Conjecture: (noun)
1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Synonyms: guess, speculate, surmise, infer, fancy, imagine, believe, think, suspect, presume, assume, hypothesize, suppose

Old 11-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,590 Likes on 3,075 Posts

Ouch. Enjoy your purchase. (And welcome to the forum.)

Old 11-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Ouch. Enjoy your purchase. (And welcome to the forum.)
Since when was taking you to school supposed to be painful? What purchase? There was no purchase, just asking a forum for real world experiences to gain product knowledge and at least twice you came up short. I thought I wasn't on an S&S thread? I'm keeping this short so I don't lose you again.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by 329
I wonder, where is your hands on revtech experience to arrive at such wisdom? By replacing them with S&S engines?
If after 5 years there are only these 3 concise answers, what is going on really?
No one is buying revtech at all, or are 100% of the sales a success?
If anyone spent $5000 on an engine and it failed prematurely, wouldn't they document it all over the internet just out of their frustration?
I can't find anything substantial or concrete for that matter, that goes either way with the current revtech line. There are the usual emotional responses, that it's made in Korea, and not in some domestic plant of lazy fat assemblers, who suffer from alcoholism.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Oh Boy!
It appears your cognitive disengagement prohibits you from distinguishing the difference between those that contribute and yourself.

Having nothing to offer on this thread, and should go back to your usual channel.
You are a demonstration of a limitation that cannot provide anything useful to this subject, and substitute a lack of knowledge for another agenda by your two posts here. Truly and clearly you are the troll. Here, I've quickly found another thread that is more your speed. Farewell. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...real-name.html

Old 11-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

Some specs to consider in the 115 powerplant. Those that can read these specs and understand their function, please reply on this product.

RevTech 115″ Natural Aluminum Engine
• Crankcases cast from 356-T6 aluminum with wall thickness optimized for maximum strength
• Blind case bolts for cleaner appearance
• Smooth crankcase deck to cylinder base profile for cleaner appearance
• 7/16″ threaded cylinder studs proven in drag racing applications
Flywheels forged from 4140
• Pinion and sprocket shaft are pressed in and keyed from 8620 gear material ground and hardened
• Connecting rods forged from 4340 chromoly steel - the strongest material available for these applications
• Larger straight 1/2″ diameter pressed-in crankpin using 8620 gear metal
• Oiling system same reliable evolution style oil system with the addition of internal piston oilers for better heat distribution
• 3:1 ratio oil pump drive gears and high volume oil pump enable significantly increased lubrication and cooling
• Cylinders 4.125″ bore with 4.300″ stroke for ideal high torque/high horsepower output
• More fin area for increased cooling
• Machined fin edges for better appearance
Forged JE slipper-skirt pistons
• Heads new RevTech roller rockers
• Compression releases for easy starting
• D-shaped intake ports and manifold
• Carburetion Mikuni HSR 45 from Mikuni American Corp.
• Intake manifold matched to heads for ideal flow efficiency
• Low profile air cleaner design for high performance while providing improved rider comfort
• Ignition self contained solid-state ignition from Daytona Twin Tech
Cam Andrews EV72.560″ lift cam for great performance and easy starting

Old 11-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned
Old 11-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

"revtech on dyno" was my last search and I found what I needed.
Sorry this thread wasn't active long enough to catch someone more in with the times of new technologies.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:24 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by 329
"revtech on dyno" was my last search and I found what I needed.
Sorry this thread wasn't active long enough to catch someone more in with the times of new technologies.
Not trying to go with anything that would be 'over your head' but you do know that you're highjacking someone's post on building and or purchasing an engine in the Exhaust section of the Forums instead of in the proper Engine section. When you stop quoting magazine articles for all your so called expertise on a subject which you evidently know nothing at all about, get back to us, until then stop trying to impress us with your bullshit about how a Revtech POS is superior in all aspects to an S&S motor.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,969 Likes on 17,493 Posts

Originally Posted by 329
I wonder, where is your hands on revtech experience to arrive at such wisdom? By replacing them with S&S engines?
If after 5 years there are only these 3 concise answers, what is going on really?
No one is buying revtech at all, or are 100% of the sales a success?
If anyone spent $5000 on an engine and it failed prematurely, wouldn't they document it all over the internet just out of their frustration?
I can't find anything substantial or concrete for that matter, that goes either way with the current revtech line. There are the usual emotional responses, that it's made in Korea, and not in some domestic plant of lazy fat assemblers, who suffer from alcoholism.
Remember when everybody and their blind grandmother was building and selling kit choppers ? I was a service tech for a year at a dealer that sold and serviced 5 different brands and hands down anything RevTech was a problem the 100" engines in particular and their tranny's. That my friend is fact not read or heard 2nd or 3rd hand somewhere. I still do occasional work out of the garage and if it's got a Revtech drivetrain I'll turn your work down. All the good machine shops that do cylinders & heads won't touch them here either.

Quick Reply: rev tech 11o evo engine build