Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Chassis stabilizer on 14 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:45 AM
pjchamp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis stabilizer on 14 street glide

Was wondering about chassis stabilizers for the 14 street glide, was looking at the true-track and the glide pro, was also thinking about maybe using both, I get the rear steer wobble every so often, it's more noticeable riding 2up or if I'm somewhat loaded down and very noticeable on wet roads

Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Wink

It's a popular subject on HDF and there are threads on stabilizers and 'the wobble' going back into the mists of time! Read my thread on wobble, which explains the source of it. Be sure to check that everything around your bike is in tip-top shape first, such as tyre pressures, steering head bearings, even tyre wear.

Your comment on being loaded and wet roads leads me to suggest you address tyre pressure first. IMHO H-D are neglectful in not adequately advising on suitable pressures, especially for riding 2-up or heavily loaded. Extra air may improve ride quality significantly. Also are you using after-market tyres? If so check their website, as some use different pressures to stock tyres.

As for a stabilizer, I don't see any benefit in using both of those brands. I've used True-Track on my older Glide and a Dyna for several years and that would be my recommendation.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:49 PM
pjchamp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply tire pressure is always checked and set to the right pressure, my thinking with using both is the true track would essentially make the bike handle better by tying the frame and trans together making it more like a solid mount, the glide pro would stiffen up the mounts on the swing arm and front motor mount, both together would seem to really fix the problem

Old 01-25-2016, 05:15 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

I'm suggesting that the 'right pressure' may be wrong! If you're following the guidance in the owners manual I regard that as poor. Depending on your own weight and your passenger a few pounds extra may improve ride and handling.

The T-T doesn't tie the frame and trans at all, it provides support to the rubber bushings and takes away the side forces from them while cornering. There is no benefit from using both IMHO. Please read the link I gave earlier!