General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't people just say, "Nice bike."

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why can't people just say, "Nice bike."

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

Hey Denim,
How much did that bad azz manspace set you back?

j/k Love that garage!

I have been in the same house since 1990, I never married, have no kids. He!!, the bike don't cost **** compared to those things After I say that, they don't ask anymore
Now that is funny! Good timing!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

How about this: "If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that set you back"?

God I hate that!!!

I have taught my kids from the day they could talk to NEVER ask someone how much they earn, or how much they paid for something. I can hardly think of something more insulting to ask someone. If it happens to be in regard to a Harley, that will only spark the debate about whether or not they are overpriced. I always answer that one with, "Not as much as you might think."
I couldn't agree more.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
tplyons
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being that the median income of Harley owners is in excess of $80,000/year, I guess Harley's do have a bit of a financial stigma.

But last I checked, it's rude to ask anyone what they paid for anything. Friend or stranger.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Aces N Eights

ORIGINAL: cajunrph

How about this: "If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that set you back"?

God I hate that!!!

I have taught my kids from the day they could talk to NEVER ask someone how much they earn, or how much they paid for something. I can hardly think of something more insulting to ask someone. If it happens to be in regard to a Harley, that will only spark the debate about whether or not they are overpriced. I always answer that one with, "Not as much as you might think."
I couldn't agree more.

Depends on my mood and the traffic I just tried to ride in but usually I tell them not as much as the divorce would have.

07HC

Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well. I'm not broke.lol!!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 AM
wolf1477
Road Master

God I hate that!!!

Exactly, if I'd *ever* asked someone that while growing up...well, I probably wouldn't be here today. I'm still the same way, matter of fact, I've had people say "Yeah, this thing cost me $$$" and I'll usually turn away, just not my business to know and it's not gonna impress me when someone flops cash out. If I wanna know what the price is to buy one...I'll walk into a store and look.

It's only money, I'll go back to work tomorow and make more.

Wolf, way too old fashioned for my age I guess...

Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

When asked about the cost or my financial situation pertaining to my scoot I tell em one of two things.
1. My dad always taught me if ya gotta ask the price, you probably can't afford it(blunt but shuts em up)
OR
2. I don't know, it was a birthday present from my wife(this always gets a blank stare, but it is true, except the part about I don;t know)

Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

I just write it off to ignorance.....what really ****** me off is when they make dumb comments and also start to sit on my bike.....

My attitude is STF-Off !

Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 AM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they ask you the price tell them it was a lot more than their wife or daughter was asking for.....

Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
vegashd
Banned

God I hate that!!!
My mother would have beaten my A$$ if I asked someone anything about cost. I was taught early on it does not matter what it costs.

Quick Reply: Why can't people just say, "Nice bike."