Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What trips do you guys have planned this year? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1016229-what-trips-do-you-guys-have-planned-this-year.html)

Baddad1 01-05-2015 06:29 PM

Hells Canyon rally in northern Or , and Sturgis, so far . Hate planning too far ahead for anything but those two .

Dirtbagger 01-05-2015 06:43 PM

We're planning Jackson Hole and Yellowstone this year and ride the Beartooth hwy. 212 to Red Lodge. Most likely head down into Colorado and then back to Oregon.

Joe Dirt 14 01-05-2015 06:51 PM

rolling thunder

going to the rolling thunder bike rally in Washington D.C. may the 24th. I want to be a part of million bikers supporting our military! about a 350 mile ride from here in north Carolina.

Glide446 01-05-2015 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 14 (Post 13565058)
going to the rolling thunder bike rally in Washington D.C. may the 24th. I want to be a part of million bikers supporting our military! about a 350 mile ride from here in north Carolina.

I have GOT to do that one !!!!!!

01dyna 01-05-2015 09:39 PM

I've got several trips this year planned:
1) Copperhead run in OK
2) ABATE in Algona IA
3) The BOOGIE in IN (usually Lil Sturgis this wknd, but gotta try this one)
4) Buffalo Chip 07/28-08/09. Badlands and Devils Tower on the checklist this yr
5) Route 66 rally OK
6)ABATE in Perry Lake KS

That should keep me busy this summer. I've read on this forum the Boogie in Springville IN is much better than Lil Sturgis (Ky bike rally is the new name) so I gotta try it out to see for myself. Have been to all the other rallies before and all are a lot of fun.

Gilmb 01-06-2015 10:16 AM

Currently planning a 3 week trip for May/June depending on when myself and the better half can get holidays. Heading down to the Grand Canyon, then up the PCH. Retuning East through Oregon. Planning on tenting for the most part. It's been some time since we have packed for camping so doing a lot of research and picking up some new lighter gear.

Hausguy 01-06-2015 12:31 PM

Definitely some interesting trips planned here. Mine is to leave Seattle and head SW around Las Vegas through AZ into the the Texas Hill country, then head north through the Ozarks, etc. to land in Milwaukee. Meeting a riding buddy at the HD museum and see what else is there. Then, we're riding down Historic Route 66 to Santa Monica and from there back up the coast to Seattle. The current route is about 8,200 miles and almost a month!

silent1 01-06-2015 01:33 PM

If I'm lucky, I'll get two trips in, and possibly a third. I'm doing 7 days down to the Smokies in June. I also want to do a trip to Nova Scotia via ferry from Portland later this summer.

Lots to plan between now and then.

DMetcalf 01-06-2015 01:51 PM

1. Hill Country Run in Luckenbach, TX. first of May
2. Sturgis. This will be my first trip to this event. The 75th should be one to remember..!

That's it for now. That's enough... and all my pocketbook will allow.

stic2it 01-06-2015 04:25 PM

I've gone south and southwest the last two years so I'm planning a trip up to Canada,Vermont, and Maine. I'm jealous, I work full time, school full time with wife and 2 kids (2 and 3 y/o) happy I can get away at all. 6 maybe 7 days, had to bring my wife to Jamaica for 7 days to get her to agree to it. Probably also send the wife and kids to Florida to visit family while I'm gone. I like my trips solo so I can take it all in.