Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What trips do you guys have planned this year? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1016229-what-trips-do-you-guys-have-planned-this-year.html)

Lou'sUltra 12-30-2014 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Superfly3176 (Post 13521783)
Wont hear it from me youll be doing what i wish i could be doing all day those weeks.

Me too! About 13 more years until I get that much time when I retire!

haulin 12-30-2014 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jonesee (Post 13544319)

Who is organizing it?
Run what you brung?
Dates, etc...

1) Me
2) It's turning out to be that way
3) Summer Solstice, perhaps.

Kinda gauging interest in it right now, Jonesee, but I figure if 10 people want to go have some fun, @ $2500 a pop that's a nice first place prize. You're correct on your assumption about it possibly being a real fun "run"

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...4277e6e37e.jpg

mphamrick 01-01-2015 11:14 AM

Trip planned for Houston, planning on going to Sturgis then back to the Loan Star Rally in Galveston.

Glide446 01-03-2015 05:49 PM

Getting a large group ( 6 couples ) together for a week-long trip to the Smokey Mts. Getting a cabin rental as we speak then the search for some riding roads. !!!! If anyone has any suggestions , speak up and thanks !

oct1949 01-04-2015 09:45 PM

I'll know for sure I'll ride to the Curve, it the town north of us and they have the best wings in the County..

MajorKG 01-04-2015 11:17 PM

Not a bike trip but I'm thinking Cuba , having a birthday sitting on a beach drinking mojitos & martinis where Hemingway did watching latin woman in string bikinis just sounds right for some reason.

To say nothing about the fine cigars! Seriously, I taught English and I appreciate the literary references.

harley0101 01-05-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by wumhenry (Post 13544265)
Taking the Amtrak car train to Daytona for Bike Week in March, returning to my home in MD suburb of DC via Florida Rte A1A and US Rte 17, taking the Mayport ferry over the St. John's river and passing through Savannah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, New Bern, and Norfolk on the way up. Will have lunch or supper at Stan's BBQ in Woodbine GA. Other stopping places will be decided on the fly. :icon_munching:

Been curious about this. Is it less expensive for a bike? Was thinking of taking the same type of trip.

LudemJo 01-05-2015 11:04 AM

PLanning a 9-day trip to run through upstate NY, VT, NH ending up with a ride up the Maine coastline clear to the border, then back to VA. Route is about 2,000 miles. Originally intended as a solo trip with my wife, but looks like it may be growing as two other families are talking about joining us.

The Maine coast has always been on my bucket list, so it looks like it will get checked off this year.

John

DeafUltra 01-05-2015 11:17 AM

Memorial Day Weekend. Heading down to Centralia, Pa to check out part of the town in ruins. The roads between Hershey to Gettysburg so awesome according to my close riding buddy. Know what he calls it...Hershgettyhala. The road similar to Cherohala in North Carolina.

Thorey

'05Train 01-05-2015 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeafUltra (Post 13563741)
Memorial Day Weekend. Heading down to Centralia, Pa to check out part of the town in ruins. The roads between Hershey to Gettysburg so awesome according to my close riding buddy. Know what he calls it...Hershgettyhala. The road similar to Cherohala in North Carolina.

Thorey

There's very little of Centralia left. First time I went was about 10 years ago, and it was damn creepy. Every few years I go back and there's fewer buildings. Last time I was there (July or August 2014) I didn't see any remaining standing structures. I plan on taking the KLR up this year so I can get deeper into the overgrowth without worrying about tearing up my bike.