Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What trips do you guys have planned this year? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1016229-what-trips-do-you-guys-have-planned-this-year.html)

Thumper09 12-19-2014 12:43 PM

There is a trip that a friend goes on each year. He flies to San Fransisco and rents a GoldWing and does a trip that apparently has some name like "____ Triangle". I goes Through Napa Valley up the coast through the Redwood forest with the road cut through trees and then through Washington's coastal cliffs and then back around through Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. The trip is 6 days and about 3 grand for plane tickets, moto rental, hotels, food and gas. He goes every year with a group of guys who rent Hondas and Harleys. I'm thinking about going with them this year because the pictures he posts on Facebook are breathtaking!

But first I'm going to the liquor store.

sharkey 12-19-2014 12:59 PM

Wandered from Calgary down to Oregon coast and back last summer; plan on making a circle of Washington, Oregon and Idaho next summer with a bit more planning to see specific sights...beautiful country and ohh so quiet roads. We did 12 days last year with only a couple hours total on 4 lane and not one major city...my kind of travel.

05softailnc 12-19-2014 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MD. (Post 13510282)
Never heard of the Boone Bike Rally, where is that?

Well, uncle Larry beat me to the link. The rally in Boone, NC (Spring & Fall) are not the biggest by any means. Kenny, the promoter, does a great job of booking bands and running a nice event. There are a core of regulars that are there every time and they are very welcoming and a lot of fun. They have the usual bike games, bands, vendors, burnout pit, wet t-shirt contest, yadda yadda. What makes this one fun is the crowd and the fact that it is not so large and crowded. It is at an old fair grounds outside Boone, NC. No alcohol sales on site so you have to bring your own. Not so bad since it saves money over the usual $$$ beer prices at other rallies.

jack6hd 12-19-2014 06:13 PM

75th Sturgis, staying at Glencoe.

MURPHCC1 12-19-2014 06:29 PM

Leaving Massachusetts in late May, heading out to Penn. then down to Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville NC, to Charlotte, then to East coast NC, then down to Florida, then UP to Laconia for bike week. 3 weeks.

TwiZted Biker 12-19-2014 06:39 PM

Not a bike trip but I'm thinking Cuba , having a birthday sitting on a beach drinking mojitos & martinis where Hemingway did watching latin woman in string bikinis just sounds right for some reason.

Joe Dirt 14 12-19-2014 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 05softailnc (Post 13511347)
Well, uncle Larry beat me to the link. The rally in Boone, NC (Spring & Fall) are not the biggest by any means. Kenny, the promoter, does a great job of booking bands and running a nice event. There are a core of regulars that are there every time and they are very welcoming and a lot of fun. They have the usual bike games, bands, vendors, burnout pit, wet t-shirt contest, yadda yadda. What makes this one fun is the crowd and the fact that it is not so large and crowded. It is at an old fair grounds outside Boone, NC. No alcohol sales on site so you have to bring your own. Not so bad since it saves money over the usual $$$ beer prices at other rallies.

hey man are you around the mt. airy area? think ive seen your bike a few times.

HDavidA 12-19-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by control (Post 13510456)
Riding from Colorado to western New York. Then to Albany. From Albany to Florida for Bike week. Then back to Colorado through the old southern highways. Getting the bike ready while its snowing. Excited!

Not sure where and for how long in WNY, but I am from the Buffalo area. If you have any questions let me know. I can offer my opinion.

Brian MD. 12-19-2014 08:47 PM

We just need it too warm up. You all gave me new places and ideas.

Oldgreazer 12-19-2014 09:11 PM

Thunder beach in the spring. Then in June we are heading to N ga mnts. Staying at copperhead lodge . Love those curves.