Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What trips do you guys have planned this year? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1016229-what-trips-do-you-guys-have-planned-this-year.html)

BuzzCap7 12-20-2014 08:44 AM

All around the USA & Canada.

Leave S. Florida to:

1) San Diego CA
2) British Columbia/Blackcomb Mtns
3) Across Canada to Edmundston CA
4) Madawaska ME
4) Back to S. Florida.

Good original post. Interesting to see what others are doing.

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy (Post 13513055)
Going to skip Sturgis this year because its the 75th. Thinking of heading up to the mountains in NY, VT, & NH in July or August. Will probably take the Blue Ridge Parkway & Skyline Drive. May hit H-D factory in York and Gettysburg on the way.

Hey Daytona Fat Boy, I got pretty excited :icon_banana: when I saw your ride above. Of all of the rides, in my opinion, yours is one of the best, best, best!

In all honesty my friend, riding up through the Blue Ridge :icon_chickendance: area into the New England area has a great deal of beautiful riding! Although the Blue Ridge Parkway (ot me) gets boring after a while. You know, "same same".

Anytime I go to New England I always go through Western New York and different places in Vermont and New Hampshire. To me, that is some of the best riding in all of the USA!

If I may suggest, stay away from the busy areas on 95 through New York only because when you go up much further to the west (as you likely already know) the scenery is 1,000 times better.

When I scoot up to Boston, I typically go up I-77 or I-81 thru Virginia etc...

GO MAN GO!!!! I really LIKE your ride!!!! :icon_clapclap:

BuzzCap7

Daytona Fat Boy 12-20-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7 (Post 13513119)
Hey Daytona Fat Boy, I got pretty excited :icon_banana: when I saw your ride above. Of all of the rides, in my opinion, yours is one of the best, best, best!

In all honesty my friend, riding up through the Blue Ridge :icon_chickendance: area into the New England area has a great deal of beautiful riding! Although the Blue Ridge Parkway (ot me) gets boring after a while. You know, "same same".

Anytime I go to New England I always go through Western New York and different places in Vermont and New Hampshire. To me, that is some of the best riding in all of the USA!

If I may suggest, stay away from the busy areas on 95 through New York only because when you go up much further to the west (as you likely already know) the scenery is 1,000 times better.

When I scoot up to Boston, I typically go up I-77 or I-81 thru Virginia etc...

GO MAN GO!!!! I really LIKE your ride!!!! :icon_clapclap:

BuzzCap7

I think you're trip is better! I learned to avoid I-95 in the NE Corridor back when I used to go to Laconia. Have fun on your trip. I see you're going through Madawaska, Maine...."Mad Town" is an interesting place. If you like The Boothill Saloon here in Daytona, you might want to check out "Bentley's" on US 1 in Arundel (near Kennebunk) on your way through Maine. Ride Safe!

LiiT 12-20-2014 01:52 PM

If all goes as planned, I will head west and pick up RT66 in MO and ride it to CA. From there up the coast to OR and head east again. Other than that I have no definite route planned. I just like to ride.

LiiT

Grimjack 12-20-2014 01:59 PM

Texas to Tennessee, maybe extend it into Kentucky. Through Arkansas on the way up and Mississippi and Louisiana on the way back.

Taz_FL 12-20-2014 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MD. (Post 13510230)
I booked July 31 thru August 7th at Rush No More Campground in Sturgis. Leaving the 29th. Made reservations for May 14th thru 17th at Hampton Inn in Murrells Inlet in Myrtle Beach. Looking forward to them and the weather. Been writing down places of interest I wanna check out. Never been too neither of these..

I rode from Jacksonville florida to Sturgis in 2011, you're going to enjoy it, the riding there is awesome. As far as myrtle beach, I wouldn't even stop there to take a crap, they don't want bikers there and made it pretty clear a few years ago. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
The wife and I along with some friends are taking a trip in July to MaggieValley NC to ride the blueridge parkway, cherahala skyway(spelling ?) and the other nice roads around there. We did the trip this year also.

classof96 12-20-2014 04:51 PM

New York(state), northern parts of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Nothing but 2 lane for 2 weeks.

ChickinOnaChain 12-20-2014 05:43 PM

Carlsbad Caverns is one we've talked a lot about. Also Dodge City, New Orleans and Memphis too.

BuzzCap7 12-20-2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy (Post 13513169)
I think you're trip is better! I learned to avoid I-95 in the NE Corridor back when I used to go to Laconia. Have fun on your trip. I see you're going through Madawaska, Maine...."Mad Town" is an interesting place. If you like The Boothill Saloon here in Daytona, you might want to check out "Bentley's" on US 1 in Arundel (near Kennebunk) on your way through Maine. Ride Safe!

LOL, it so happens I LOVE LOVE LOVE pubs!!!! But, 1) not when I ride and 2) not now since I lost 21 lbs and dropping so I will have some Jack Daniels or the such a little bit at home.

Talking abt that part of Maine, (Kennebunk), if u go further north where I-95 ends (Houlton, Maine) b4 u go into Canada, there is Irving Gastation wich has a REAL truckers diner. FANTASTIC!!!! That is 1 of my stopping points. Next door is Ivy Motel so it is convenient. Just FYI if u make it up there.

BuzzCap7

Larry Ashcraft 12-20-2014 07:07 PM

I just finished my first year on a motorcycle since I sold my Honda in 1985. I put 7000 miles on it since last September and the furthest I went was 140 miles from home. Mostly just getting my confidence back.

That said, the wife and I were planning a few day trips just for fun this last spring. (Hey, we live in Colorado, we don't have to go very far.) Anyway, she broke her kneecap last April and then had open heart surgery last week, so that kind of put a kibosh on our plans for this year.

Our plan for this spring is for her to be healthy and to take some weekend trips around the state. There's a few things I haven't seen since I was a kid on vacation with my parents. We plan on visiting some of those places, and exploring some other places.

lh4x4 12-20-2014 07:32 PM

I always to Laughlin and Sturgis. This year I will add Yellowknife for an adventure trip.