General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike won't sell.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

According to the description in the link, it is just another low mile, over priced*, used motorcycle.

Over priced because they will not advertise the price.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:37 AM
lloyd123
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe that salesmen at a harley dealership have NO interest in selling used bikes. I had one the other day try to sell me a new bike an when it was clearly out of my range, I mentioned a used 13 and he just turned and walked away from me like I was dead. I talked to another dealer about a 13 they have,was spose to call me back about it. I have called them again and again they said he doesnt know the numbers on it and will call me back. That was three days ago. I am disgusted with those pos

Old 12-24-2014, 10:57 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Let it go!

Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I have no interest in a bike that's not stock. I know of a dealer who had their own motor work done by a indy machine shop. What does that say?

Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,271 Likes on 6,247 Posts

For just a little bit more money a person can buy a brand new bike with a warranty and without worry of the possibility of a previous owner abusing or neglecting it or the chance of it being a lemon/problematic bike. When somebody gets rid of a fairly new bike with very low mileage, the first thing I think about is why did they get rid of it. Was it wrecked or had ongoing mechanical or electrical issues? I am not saying that is the case with your bike, but that is a very plausible scenario. That uncertainty causes diminished market value.

Just offering a different perspective and I hope you don't take my ideas as insulting.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:41 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Can someone tell me why a lot of places don't list their prices? Seems silly. Place here advertises all prices even the ones that are almost double book value.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:45 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Like Prot said. It may be their "bait and switch " bike. Someone comes in and falls in love with it, then they say, you know I could get you on a '14 or '15 for just a little more $$$. And you'll have a factory warranty. Plus you can buy all new custom parts and roll it into the monthly payment. Then when interest in that bike starts to fall off, they sell it to anyone who shows the slightest interest in it. Even if they drop the price on it, they used it to sell new bikes. My 2 devalued cents.,,,

Old 12-24-2014, 12:45 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,001 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Originally Posted by wastedranger
Can someone tell me why a lot of places don't list their prices? Seems silly. Place here advertises all prices even the ones that are almost double book value.
To make you call them and then they've got you to talk to

Old 12-24-2014, 12:51 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyron
I traded my 13 Super Glide Custom, upgraded from a 96" to a 103 Stage II kit with SE255 cams, in on a Ultra Limited last August.

I still see the bike is listed on their website for sale. A few months ago they were asking $9,999.00. I thought that was a heck of a deal...considering how clean and fast that bike is.

http://www.riversideharley.com/used/...ad9805565c.htm

I was wondering why it isn't sold and I came up with two reasons.

1. The salesmen think it is just a stock Super Glide Custom.

2. They are not interested in selling it, they could make more money on a selling a new bike.

What do you think?

Maybe it is just not the bike people want these days?

I just hate seeing it not appreciated....and YES, if I won the lottery, I would go down there and buy it back....and make them give me the $600.00 sissybar/backrest they took off of it.
In a way, maybe you answered your own question, maybe it's just now the kind of bike people are looking for right now.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:50 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I purchased one of the first 2010 Wideglides, installed 14' Wild One's otherwise it was stock. I had just turned 7,000 miles and traded it in at the end of the 2010 model year. The Wideglide was perfect except they decided to replace the back tire. It took the dealer a year to sell that Wideglide which I could never understand why. My only reason for trading was to get back to a touring bike which I still have.

Quick Reply: Bike won't sell.