General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kill a man, pay your ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Only my wife and daughter knew I'd be back on a bike soon after my wreck. Pretty much everybody else thought I'd walk away. They just don't get it. It's the way I'd choose to go if that's how it happens.

I never wore a helmet until I moved down here to NC either (mandatory,) and I guess that helmet was a good thing because I apparently landed on my head after flying over the pick up truck unconscious. I don't mind them as I've gotten used to them after 10 years.
Yeah,hit head first when the deer upended me,too. So it served it's purpose. When riding is a way of life,not a part time novelty,there never is a question of will you ride again,just when. Longest 4 years of my life was waiting for the blackouts from the head injuries to go away. After hitting the deer,I was down at the Harley dealer the next day,test riding scoots.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,566 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride
Yeah,hit head first when the deer upended me,too. So it served it's purpose. When riding is a way of life,not a part time novelty,there never is a question of will you ride again,just when. Longest 4 years of my life was waiting for the blackouts from the head injuries to go away. After hitting the deer,I was down at the Harley dealer the next day,test riding scoots.
I bought the BMW to ride while I rebuilt the Road Glide and I chose it because of the linked brake / ABS system that did not require use of the rear brake pedal. The Doctor had taken off the plaster cast and put me in a walking cast for 6 more weeks (right foot,) and we brought the Beemer home the next weekend. (Ok, enuff braggin already') Happy New Near Twist !

Old 01-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stiggy
I bought the BMW to ride while I rebuilt the Road Glide and I chose it because of the linked brake / ABS system that did not require use of the rear brake pedal. The Doctor had taken off the plaster cast and put me in a walking cast for 6 more weeks (right foot,) and we brought the Beemer home the next weekend. (Ok, enuff braggin already') Happy New Near Twist !
Back at ya' ma' man. Spent 6 months working in a sawmill in Brevard,N.C.
Sure wish I'd had the Harley,some damn fine mountain roads up there. Still planning to go back and ride 'em one of these days.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:30 AM
georgewerr
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

if your to old to work then your to old to drive, once you retire turn in your drivers license. ( Yes this is sarcasm )

Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 AM
georgewerr
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sucherman
The solution is simple. An ap that blows up the phone when activated while moving faster than fifteen MPH.

Never can use your phone on a train, in my area trains are going 10X that

Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,127 Likes on 1,921 Posts

Originally Posted by georgewerr
Never can use your phone on a train, in my area trains are going 10X that
If you're old enough to ride you should be old enough to remember that the world functioned just fine without "MOBILE" phones. And would be much better off without them today.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by perki48
If you're old enough to ride you should be old enough to remember that the world functioned just fine without "MOBILE" phones. And would be much better off without them today.
Damn. Mighty harsh there,Perki.Hell,half these clowns wouldn't be able to leave home without a GPS,4 stereo speakers on the bike,IPOD,Tablet,Iphone.reflective gear,and rockin' a backpack. I gotta' admit,I'm a slave to technology,too. Got me an electric starter on the scoot.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Electric start on the bike?…… just lost all my respect lol

Old 01-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Von_Zipper
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Here we go again.
A friend of mine used to work for an insurance company. After 8+ years he said there are practically no crashes where one party is completely innocent.
I really would like to know why these "made left turn, killed a motorcyclist" crashes happen.
Is it because drivers do not use turn signals? Is it because bikers have no good brakes nor they have no skills to use brakes (I do know lots of bikers ignore front brakes, yet it is the only brake that can slow you down fast)?