General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totally screwed by circumstance.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
there are only 2 people I would trust with a project like this, first one is BD's Cycles ( http://www.bdscycles.com/Home.html ) the best work I have ever sen bar none

the second one, also highly recommended is Scot at Thin Air Graffx, ( http://www.thinairgrafx.com/ ) a phenomenal talent who has won Best Paint In Show at many Boston area shows (World Of Wheels) and did the tins for a 100K custom build commissioned at a friends shop

I must agree Bryan from BD's is not only a master painter, but an amazing stand up kinda guy ta boot-

Old 02-18-2015, 07:03 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick-
I must agree Bryan from BD's is not only a master painter, but an amazing stand up kinda guy ta boot-
Thanks, I really appreciate all the recommendations and I will reach out to all of them if needed.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Go to your HD dealer and ask who they send their prize bikes to paint....

Old 02-18-2015, 07:56 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 405 Posts

I'd contact Joe at Xtreme Diminsions. He comes highly recommended for CVO paint. He's up your way in Jersey.
http://www.xtremedimension.com/

Last edited by heavymetalthunder; 02-18-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMC22
Go to your HD dealer and ask who they send their prize bikes to paint....
Um, yeah. That's how I got referred to this shop in the first place.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I'd contact Joe at Xtreme Diminsions. He comes highly recommended for CVO paint. He's up your way in Jersey.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
Danny Bally in Rio Rancho, NM. I've had 4 paint jobs done by him, all excellent work. He fixes damaged paint work for the local Harley dealer, including CVOs, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to get paint codes. He's done work more complicated than that, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, he is the guru, his employees do the simple stuff so he 's not going to quit.

On all the work he's done, he's been on time as per his estimate, and always charged what he estimated, no "hidden costs" or "unforeseen problems."

I don't know how busy he is right now, or if he does mail order work, but I'm dropping a couple of fenders off with him in the next few days, and can ask him about it if you like.

Danny painted my touring bike. The artwork was fantastic! Sadly the actual paint work has not held up over time in my opinion for just three years. Lots of chips in the fairing, fender, and side covers. I have compared to other bikes with the stock factory paint with similar milage. My paint looks way worse. For the money I spent it should have held up better. And no, I dont travel any gravel roads !!! The only way to "repair" is to completely repaint. And by the way, the local HD dealer no longer uses Danny for painting. As an artist Danny is top shelf, not so sure about the paint he uses which is NOT from Harley Davidson.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:51 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder

i second this. joe has done a couple of jobs for me. cvo themed lowers, and a stock big blue pearl front fender. awesome quality on both. not to mention, quick turnaround.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,536 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Danny painted my touring bike. The artwork was fantastic! Sadly the actual paint work has not held up over time in my opinion for just three years. Lots of chips in the fairing, fender, and side covers. I have compared to other bikes with the stock factory paint with similar milage. My paint looks way worse. For the money I spent it should have held up better. And no, I dont travel any gravel roads !!! The only way to "repair" is to completely repaint. And by the way, the local HD dealer no longer uses Danny for painting. As an artist Danny is top shelf, not so sure about the paint he uses which is NOT from Harley Davidson.

Hmmm, that's interesting. My paint has held up well, but who know what happened with yours? In any case, I think the OP is best served by dealing with someone in person if he can, and it looks like he found some options up where he lives.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:12 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

He does a lot of paint for the guys on the CVO group

Quick Reply: Totally screwed by circumstance.