General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugly Tx inspection tag and plate 2014 fxdb

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,151 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Several pertinent points sourced from the Houston Chronicle:

...a driver must submit their car for inspection not more than 90 days before they renew.

To smooth out the transition to one sticker, someone will be able to register their car in 2015 provided their inspection is valid at the time they renew. For example, if someone’s registration expires in May and their inspection tag expires in June, they will not have to get their car tested until prior to renewing in May 2016.

If someone’s inspection sticker expires in May but their registration is up in June, they will have to get an inspection.

But that still doesn't answer the question of what happens if you need to get an inspection and there are several months before the registration needs renewed. Will you still get a sticker?
Reason I'm still wondering is that I had to replace a tail light on one of my bikes so that it had a license plate light. I bought it used a year ago and rode w/o an inspection while I was sorting it out, modifying a few things, etc. Registration expires in July; will I get a sticker?
Guess I'll find out as soon as I can get the time to hit the inspection joint.
Yea, I'm a bit confused with the new law, but happy to do away with he sticker.

I purchased my new Low rider last August, so I assume when I go to renew no sticker will be needed, bit it will have to tie in with renewing my registration?

Oh well, I have plenty of time to figure this out.