General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone looking for a EVO Springer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Double Duece
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

If it where in the six range I would have to have it. That bike is sharp, especially because its red!

Old 02-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddy G
I have one just like it... almost to a T....more chrome, track style bars, 21k miles ....if you want to come to Boston you can have mine for 8...

For the record they aren't all that easy to come by...

Got pics? Some where around June will be my time frame. Fly up and ride it back to Florida??? Sounds like a good road trip.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Duece
If it where in the six range I would have to have it. That bike is sharp, especially because its red!
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4885825736.html

Old 02-28-2015, 11:09 AM
djohn
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I sold mine back in October and could only get 6500 for it after having it for sale all summer. Frankly, I couldn't call any springer a "sweet ride"...good looking ride, but sweet...I don't think so.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by djohn
Frankly, I couldn't call any springer a "sweet ride"...good looking ride, but sweet...I don't think so.

And therein lies the rub when it comes to springers doesn't it?

They look pretty cool but if you have never ridden one they are...different when on the road

Old 02-28-2015, 12:58 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,583 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Springer's are definitely different!

I (we) have four bikes between us, and I have a 98 Heritage Softail Springer Anniversary Edition that I bought new, and also a '13 CVO Ultra.
I'll tell you this, if one had to go, it would be the CVO!
I can always get another CVO, but I'll never be able to buy another EVO Springer.

With the carbed EVO engine, and the straight, Samson Fishtail exhausts (and the springer front end) it's a "throwback" for sure, but darn does it feel and look nice doing the back/country roads on a nice Saturday or Sunday ride!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I will honestly admit that I don't know how many or how often the Springer designed bike is brought back so please humor me but if they aren't produced very often, wouldn't that help to keep the price up? On a side note, everybody has their own idea of what rides smooth and what doesn't but I can say for a certainty that my 05 Springer and I have seen a little over 84k and been on a few long road trips and we've gotten along just fine, but each to their own.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:49 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Springer's are definitely different!

I (we) have four bikes between us, and I have a 98 Heritage Softail Springer Anniversary Edition that I bought new, and also a '13 CVO Ultra.
I'll tell you this, if one had to go, it would be the CVO!
I can always get another CVO, but I'll never be able to buy another EVO Springer.

With the carbed EVO engine, and the straight, Samson Fishtail exhausts (and the springer front end) it's a "throwback" for sure, but darn does it feel and look nice doing the back/country roads on a nice Saturday or Sunday ride!
Could you share some pics of the Heritage Springer?

Old 02-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

This is my 95 Springer......Honestly, I love this bike but I just don't ride it as much as my Electra Glide...If I where to sell it I'd ask 8K and stick to it because its worth that to me....I might take 7800 but not a penny less.
I really don't know what people are talking about when they say Springers don't ride well......even "different" or more maintenance.....They are what they are and I love mine...I hope whoever bought it would love it too.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone looking for a EVO Springer?-img_1333.jpg  
Old 02-28-2015, 03:51 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Here's my 02 Heritage Springer.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone looking for a EVO Springer?-springer-outside-house.jpg   Anyone looking for a EVO Springer?-springer-left.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for a EVO Springer?