General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming to conclusion that its going to be a bit hard to find that particular bike.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Ozark Joe
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=heybaylor;13788559]
Originally Posted by Calamity Joe
1 She is hell on heels and if you cross her its like you better be checking out of North America. It will be our tax money that pays for it so no getting her out of that one. On small detail I have gotten away with saying this is how it is and deal with it. It just dont work when are talking about something more than 100.

by any chance is the "tax refund" earned income tax credit? ???

No I get credits for being married and having a kid. Also I claim 0 on my taxes.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Ozark Joe
Road Warrior
Smile

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Have you read how much whining he does on here? That would require sacking up and doing something.
I did do something I told her to get over it now. I just tired of limitations with out her thinking about them. So she can just get the F**K over it. It not going to happen finding anything in BFE. So traveling is going to have to be option. I'm glad she see's it my way.

Btw we are happy in our marriage but we tend to get in to deep disagreement about certain subjects. Sometimes I give in to her sometimes she gives in to me. Its been give and take.

Last edited by Ozark Joe; 03-10-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
Hey its your life but after reading your posts I am thinking you are getting the wrong item.

you probably ought to be looking for a Divorce instead of a Bike. Lifes to short to be miserable on purpose.
Joe is all over the place with his plans for the future. Worrying about things that are probably never going to happen. His wife is hopefully in control, because he has no common sense. If he doesn't focus on his career, he will probably end up divorced.

That's why I let my wife do the budgeting. I always said if it was up to me we would live in a pole building with collector cars, and motorcycles, and boats. I have those things, now. But it took years of negotiation, and budgeting. And some guys would say I am a *****, for letting my wife do the budgeting. But I know that putting someone in charge who is distracted by shiny objects, is dangerous.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:44 AM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Btw we are happy in our marriage but we tend to get in to deep disagreement about certain subjects. Sometimes I give in to her sometimes she gives in to me. Its been give and take.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you have a good marriage! I am betting most of these tough guys on here are switching screens when their wife walks in the room. Marriage is a commitment and a lot of work, unless you are happy with being another statistic in the local newspaper. I got married for life. My wife and I have worked through some very tough times, for both of us. To hear you ******** on here talking **** about how tough you are, makes me sick. I still have a pair of ***** and if I wanted something (expensive) bad enough, my wife and I would both make the decision on when that would happen. It is called Marriage.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:11 AM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,720 Likes on 1,169 Posts

This is a ways from you but looks to be worth considering.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo-c...fair-price-for

Good luck to ya WP

Umm Link not working.
Ok look in Evo Classic Models. Look for thread titled
What's a Fair Price for my Bike

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/4929133508.html This was in the first post as well

Last edited by WP50; 03-14-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM
DeaD SpacE
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Are your cars all carbed? I'm going to assume they are not and I bet you take
them on long trips and never think twice about the EFI taking a ****.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Ozark Joe
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DeaD SpacE
Are your cars all carbed? I'm going to assume they are not and I bet you take
them on long trips and never think twice about the EFI taking a ****.
True they ain't but as I was told EFI on car has had a long time to evolve and mature. Harley is fairly new so may not have all the "bugs" out.

As everyone said that's a wrong conclusion. I have suspicion that the info given was by old bikers who was bashing EFI cause they say it unreliable was wrong. They may be biased cause it new and different. As said they claim that more people are able to work on carbs and dealerships can work only by them. True it is that carbs are cheaper to maintain but I think everyone was mentioning that the number of people that can work on carbs draw fewer everyday.

Last edited by Ozark Joe; 03-14-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Calamity Joe
Dude I found the bike that exactly wanted but the wife said HELL NO!!! cause it was in New Orleans. So I had to pass.
So you found the perfect bike. New Orleans isn't that far from where you live. Wire the guy the money, and tell him a truck will be there within a week to pick it up. What's the problem?

If you're paranoid, and don't trust the guy, jump on an airplane and seal the deal in person. Offer $1000 under what he's asking with a nice fresh stack of Benjamin Franklins. It'll only cost you a couple hundred to have the bike trucked up to MO, if you don't have the time to ride it back. Done deal.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post