General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VICTORY ENGINES.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Tom Ricci
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VICTORY ENGINES.

Last summer while still in the decision making process, I test drove a Hammer for about a 20 mile ride and the thing ran like a raped ape. Super low end torque and I can't tell you what the 0-100 time was but it's faster than any Harley I've ever ridden. Bike rode prety smooth for a "muscle" bike but it was a challenge holding a line in the turns due to that 250 tire but once you got used to it not too bad. Having said that I think their price point is off by about 20% (too high) Great quality all the way through though and the motor ran a lot cooler than my '07 Ultra classic

Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

I am not trying to start an arguement with any of you guys, but I could have sworn that the Victory was a water-cooled engine when I looked at a new one a year or so ago. However, don't hold me to that.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Victory : The New American Motorcycle

American made cruiser motorcycle by Polaris.
www.victory-usa.com/ - 45k - www.victory-usa.com/+victory+motorcycles&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd= 1&gl=us]Cached[/URL] - www.victory-usa.com/]Similar pages[/URL] - Note this

Old 04-24-2007, 04:31 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wingt50dw
I am not trying to start an arguement with any of you guys, but I could have sworn that the Victory was a water-cooled engine when I looked at a new one a year or so ago. However, don't hold me to that.
Every Vic comes w/the oil cooler already on (they run hot w/o it like Hendersons did). So in reality they could make the cooler longer and put in some jackets and not change the style THAT much.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:33 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The radiator you saw was an oil cooler. Factory stock since day one. They've never made a water buffalo (not yet anyway) Bimmer boxers are also now air/oil, but they revamped their K models in case emissions get too strict.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
hughtwg
Tourer

You must of mistaken the oil cooler for a water cooler. If there is any water in a Victory engine the owner is going to be very unhappy.

-hugh

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
briansbeer
4th Gear

maybe the 4 valves p/cycl puts off less emmisions also.
that is an oil cooler

Old 04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

Victory engines are nothing like Harley (or S&S) engines. They're an overhead cam, 4 valves per cylinder,air/oil cooled, 50-degree V-twin.
Thank you.......totally different animal......fast....but just no soul......more like riding a Japanese import.....like I have said before...if you like them buy mine (actually my fiance's).....2006 Victory 8-Ball....2,200 miles for $10,750.....the resale is going down faster than a 16 year-old girl on prom night......

Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

ORIGINAL: azmcdude

Thank you.......totally different animal......fast....but just no soul......more like riding a Japanese import.....like I have said before...if you like them buy mine (actually my fiance's).....2006 Victory 8-Ball....2,200 miles for $10,750.....the resale is going down faster than a 16 year-old girl on prom night......
That is exactly what my Shovel riding buddies say about the new 96"ers.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

......yea....I could never go back though....the only downside of the 96 for me is the speeding tix.......just spent Sat. in traffic school......but it does NOT feel like a metric......and I'll say it does NOT feel like a Shovel either...!!!

Quick Reply: VICTORY ENGINES.