General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

I have been through almost every sunglass out there. I'm now on my third pair of 'Maui Jim's Stingrays'. You wont find a better sunglass for riding IMHO. A lil pricey but we all know you get what ya pay for.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I never cared for the look of a windscreen on an HD, so I'm running without any wind protection and when I ride with a half helmet I need eye wear that can truly keep the wind out of my eyes, I've experimented with different sunglasses but they still allowed too much wind in so I've gone to wearing goggles, dark tints during the day and set of clear mirrored is kept in my jacket for night riding, I'm also keeping a pair of sunglasses in my jacket pocket for when I'm off the bike. With goggles there's zero wind intrusion and a very comfortable ride, no more running down the road with tears streaming down my face

Edited to add: Pro tip if you're going to try goggles I cut the straps on all my goggles and remove the adjusting buckles, nothing like a buckle under your half helmet smooshing your brainbox. With the straps cut I put the goggles on and determine how long the strap needs to be and my woman, the sewing marvel, stitches the straps back together for a custom fit... much more comfortable that way

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 05-09-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 on Oakley Windjackets. Excellent optics and a multitude of lens choices.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

Safety glasses from Menards.
Look like Oakleys. Great wind protection.
Many ways to adjust the fit. Anti-fog & scratch too.
X-Lens Safety Glasses | NEBO Tools

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 05-09-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:40 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I wear the safety glasses that the state gives me for working for them lol.. They are the cheapest the state can get and they work fine for me

Old 05-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott14SG
I was using oakleys and then in rain or at night switching to clear glasses, it was a pain. My brother had a set of Global Vision Eyewear 24YT Kickback Sunglasses so I gave them a try. They have yellow lenses but transition to smoke in the sun, now I use them day or night. J&P has them for $35 here

Thanks for the listing...just ordered a set. I kept getting dust in my eyes today with my Oakley Radars on.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:01 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
I wear the safety glasses that the state gives me for working for them lol.. They are the cheapest the state can get and they work fine for me
Yep this. Just Google "tinted safety glasses" and you'll find them for under $3 a pair. I dropped my last pair of $40 HD glasses on the garage floor and scratched the shyt out of them. About a year ago I bought 4 tinted and 2 clears (6 total pair) for under $23 so now if I lose or scratch a pair I just throw them away and grab another pair. Btw, these cheapies block the wind so no watering eyes.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:19 PM
SG1122
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the OAKLEY M Frames. Clear view, not a lot of movement in the wind and good eye protection.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 PM
florida_italian
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got a pair of REVO "Guide" which are great during the day. They have larger lenses and protect well but i did just order a pair of Bobsters for nighttime.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive always wore oakleys for regular sunglasses but they don't make good riding glasses for me. I wear regular safety glasses sometimes but if I go over 50 mph they let the wind in. So the only thing I've found to keep the wind out is glasses with padding and strap/ goggles set up.
But they aren't shaded so I guess my next chore is to find some shaded lense goggles, pisses me off but I literally can not see because the wind makes my eyes water so much. It's pretty dangerous riding around all blurry eyed with limited vision.

Quick Reply: Good Glasses