General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Financial Credit Score

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: HD Financial Credit Score

I checked with my credit Union as Im thinking of a new Deluxe (even got the wife in to the dealer today to look at one!), they're rate was around 8.75% for up to 96 months.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only use HD credit if you have to , they offer the worst rates around , See if you have a credit union in your area and save some major cash . I used Hd credit <eagle mark> only because I had to wait for a few checks to clear from sale of old bikes. One good thing about them is there is no early payment penalty .

Old 04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
L3ft2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went through Military sales and the HD financing. I don't know who they pulled, but my credit isn't that great and I got around 11% on a 72 month. I am overpaying each month to get it done quick.

They gave me a better rate than the bank who has my mortgage.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon

they also have a delphi program for really poor credit, you must own your own homes for at least seven years, etc. etc. , but the rate is around 19%.

If you have owned your house for more than 7 years why wouldn't you just get a home equity loan? Even if you have terrible credit the rate should be less than 19%.

Of course if my credit was in such bad shape that I would have to pay 19% interest to get a Harley I think I would skip getting the bike and get my finances in order.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
squid
Banned

I've had customers who owned, or had equity in their homes,that still couldn't get bought.Sometimes it's hard,depends on how horrible the credit is.Cars and bikes being mobile can get lost quickly.What I mean is,if you miss a mortgage payment they know where to find you.If you get on a bike or in a car,you can take off for parts unknown.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28823/C3AB498F1E4D4A14947412CBFE8C83AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traded my old bike in and bought a new one in March, my credit is above 800 and HD financed it at 7.7%. Going to my credit union on Monday and getting a 5% and sending HD finance a check for the balance.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:21 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hd fin. uses any combo they will pull all three to judje what teir credit you are on. also the dealer may pull the other credit score and present it to the bank. Hd will give just about anyone a chance one time if they have the money down and they have Paid something in the recent past. but if your late once good luck getting another loan from them. They do run specail rates that beat or compare to some credit unions if you are in the top teir and going short term(48 months or less) then another part of the eqation is what rate the dealer gives to ya. (this is the best way to save when financing a bike. there are alot of jackasses that will come back to a dealer and say they want there deposit back because the dealer down the road discounted them frieght and sometimes setup. The funny thing is that the dealer he did buy from discounted him 400 bucks but also made double on that atleast by him financing over the buy rate in turnthe paymentis higher. I have meant this man a couple of times. Its funny all the things you see & hear when working at a shop. one time when out at having a few drinks with some guys at work, a guy and his wiferides up on a new 06 dyna super glide, we said nice bike and started talking. about an hour later the parts guy and i are talking and the guy walks up and starts talking again this time he starts saying he bought the bike at a shop in Harrisburg ( real good shop) but then he starts saying how he went to buy a bike at our shop( not knowing we guess even though we all got part of the uniform on ) but the salesman told him that we dont take forieng bikes in and he was very rude. ( the owner of our shop has a store with all the other brands so we always traded forigen) I can be very up front but never rude. So we kept listening and enjoying the story asked him a disciption of the guy he gave us a discription nobody we knew(keep in mind i was the only one in sales and the parts guy was the one who helps out when busy and vise versa) then it hit his wife and she asked "you guys work there dont ya?" that was pretty much the end of that he started saying it must have been another shop then got up and left in a hurry, We just thought it was funny, but thats my veiws from the other side