General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep your head out of your ass!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:16 AM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

Thanks for sharing OP. This shows, no matter how experienced you are, you still have to be careful.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Glad to read that it worked out for ya; the Guardian Angel that was riding with ya went "hey, eyes forward Chief"...lol. I ride in the mountains 99% of the time and find myself doing the same type thing.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Andy02
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Riding distracted or tired is just as bad as riding drunk. We all do it some point or another. My one point came a few years ago. I was living in Germany and stayed up late the night before talking to a friend in the States on the phone. The next morning on my way to work, I had what the Doc called a micro sleep. You know, when you are driving and suddenly realize that you don't remember the last couple miles or you suddenly realize that you don't remember the last song on the radio? The lights are on but nobody is home. I was on my way to work, looked down at my speedo to note that I was doing 80KPH. I was jolted back to reality when my right side tires left the roadway. I over corrected and sent my car sliding. Almost had the car back under control when I struck an embankment. Rolling a lowered BMW 2 1/2 times is a feat but that is what I accomplished. I got lucky and walked away with little more than bruises and some soreness. Had I been riding that day, I likely would be dead. Don't ride tired and get your head out of your *** is all sage advice.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 753 Likes on 461 Posts

We've lost 9 Brothers and Sisters in the Black Hills and that doesn't count the few that we've lost while they were traveling to the Black Hills.

Be careful out there.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sturgisr...633159639.html

Old 08-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Ray on the drums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 512 Posts

Yeah wake up experiences that don't even scratch the bikes are the best riding tools, we all need to take advantage of.

Glad you and the little lady are safe!

Old 08-05-2015, 09:43 AM
aliass
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

close call we could have been reading about you , thanks for posting ,it just might save a life or two . make people stop and think . that's why I prefer to ride alone I can stop and admire view when safe to do so . I often see tourists slow to a crawl or stop dead in the middle of narrow coast roads no indicators or anything to enjoy the view . that's how Skydog ( allman brothers ) got killed off his sportster during a break in recording . a landscaping truck stopped dead in the middle of the street if front of him .

Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 AM
bigwave916
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wake Up Call

I myself have been fortunate in getting a wake up call before disaster strikes to remind me to be more careful. Glad you are OK and sad for those that have bit the big one out in South Dakota. Happens every year and this year is going to be a record setter. Damn shame.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:32 AM
rkc915
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, really glad y'all are ok! Thanks for posting about it because it sure is a reminder to stay focused on the road ahead. I know it's hard when there is such beautiful countryside to look at.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:32 PM
JoeN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think we all made that mistake at least once. even the best riders sometimes get lost in the moment. glad it turned out good for you

Old 08-05-2015, 09:03 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad your man enough to admit your mistake and take responsibility for your actions. Now go and enjoy the rest of your visit,as were sure you'll be on your toes the rest of the week. Ride Safe

Quick Reply: Keep your head out of your ass!!!!