General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You never know who you'll meet because of your HD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:27 PM
jp49
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

went down to the lake (michigan) today to sit and stare at the water for a bit on this beautiful autumn day... an older gentleman... stopped with a "nice bike" comment. i thanked him and he proceeded to tell me of his son after 30years divorced and kind of fell apart with bits and pieces of harley talk...
i can not get into all of it but the old gent was grieved ... i sat and listened as long as he wanted to talk not giving a lot of advise but just listening ... he was quite sad. then he said thanks for listening and walked off ... i prayed for him and his son. there is something about a harley that buts you in the counselor seat sometimes... i am glad i could be there for him... if any of you are believers and believe in prayer, please say a prayer for this man and his son.... thanks

Old 10-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Since I started riding trikes,people come up to me every time I stop and ask all kinds of questions. Wish I had a dollar for every time they want to take photos.
Every stop for gas takes thirty minutes,it seems.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Big Jim Daddy
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Great story!
I had a 15 minute conversation with a group of nuns in the middle of the Allegany national forest this past summer....they were just curious what it was like out riding. They asked lots of questions and said a prayer for my safety.
It worked so far....I'm still safe.lol

Old 10-09-2015, 12:49 AM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Had a conversation recently with an acquaintance who doesn't ride, and kinda/sorta doesn't really get it. No surprise, the conversation drifted to "dumbass bikers and their loud pipes". He asked me: "Do you know what most motorists in their cars are thinking when they see you?".

I said: "They're wishing they were me".

Right on, perfect answer. Cheers

Old 10-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Yogie
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 156 Posts

Stopped to get gas at a local place a couple weeks ago, after filling and walking in to pay I look over to the side and there's this old Harley Chopper with some ole skinny guy traveling cross country. Looked like all he owned was strapped to the bike, he looks at me from a distance and gives me a peace sign....
I was like stepping back in time.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:15 AM
Yogie
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 156 Posts

When riding to work I have to leave out pretty early before daylight and it's uphill from my driveway to the main road for the first two hundred yards passing about 8 houses... Since my bike's FI and I have V&H pipes I don't give it time to warm up at this time to wake anyone so I just let it idle up hill in 1st gear to the top. I stopped to eat the other morning and when leaving one of my older neighbors came in smiling from ear to ear... I stopped and apologized for waking him and he just laughed saying " I've owned a couple of those Harley's in the past and when you come by my house at whatever hour I want to hear that thing sound off " " Don't be putting by my house anymore "
After a long days work I came home that evening, showered and took a quick ride making sure I shook his windows as I went by the house. I could just see him smiling inside laid back in his recliner, his wife probably wasn't....

Old 10-09-2015, 02:11 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That is what it is all about right there . You do meet a lot of nice people on the road .

Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was in College I was friends with this guy who had a custom VW powered trike. Gold metal flake paint, extreme stretched front fork, king & queen. You know, wild 60's custom job. Anyway, he eventually sold it because he said he was tired of having to talk to people coming up to him everywhere he went wanting to ask him about it.
Takes all kinds I guess.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:52 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,959 Likes on 6,276 Posts

My FLH Shovel might have been around the block a few times, but I've gone through it over the years, and the last things to get done were cosmetic. A guy at the gas station looked it over intently and I was expecting a conversation about it's age, how long I've had it, etc...He asked me how I liked that new Harley.

I told him I've been liking it just fine for about 36 years now.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,760 Likes on 5,872 Posts

http://daviduhl.fineartworld.com/art...&limitByCatID=
Originally Posted by Huskers
Who is the artist of this painting?

Quick Reply: You never know who you'll meet because of your HD