Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   J&S bottle jack failure (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1075427-j-and-s-bottle-jack-failure.html)

Makdaddy 02-05-2018 12:49 PM

Thanks Im looking at that HF air assist now

RATFINK53 02-06-2018 11:07 AM

Let me add my updated opinion on the company.
I got my jack about 2 weeks ago. After finally burping enough air out so that it would lift without any weight on it, I tried lifting my ultra classic. It lifted ok but started leaking and I immediately lowered my bike. J&S says that they don’t have any bottles in stock to send a replacement. They said it could take another 3 weeks. Unbelievable! All I an say is if you do gamble and buy this jack, pray that you get a good bottle. I ordered this jack at the end of December and i still can’t use it. ��

vistavette 02-06-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RATFINK53 (Post 17065299)
Let me add my updated opinion on the company.
I got my jack about 2 weeks ago. After finally burping enough air out so that it would lift without any weight on it, I tried lifting my ultra classic. It lifted ok but started leaking and I immediately lowered my bike. J&S says that they don’t have any bottles in stock to send a replacement. They said it could take another 3 weeks. Unbelievable! All I an say is if you do gamble and buy this jack, pray that you get a good bottle. I ordered this jack at the end of December and i still can’t use it. ��

In your situation is would ask them to credit you the $41 they charge for that part and buy the exact same part off Amazon.

RATFINK53 02-06-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by vistavette (Post 17065310)
In your situation is would ask them to credit you the $41 they charge for that part and buy the exact same part off Amazon.

I think your right. Their jack probably only costs them 15-20 bucks each.
I just want to be sure that the bottle I buy has a big enough base to drill the holes. Thank you sir.

vistavette 02-06-2018 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by RATFINK53 (Post 17065323)
I think your right. Their jack probably only costs them 15-20 bucks each.
I just want to be sure that the bottle I buy has a big enough base to drill the holes. Thank you sir.

You don't have to drill anything, Amazon sells the exact bottle jack J&S sells for only $26. Do a search on Amazon, it'll pop right up

RATFINK53 02-06-2018 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by vistavette (Post 17065334)
You don't have to drill anything, Amazon sells the exact bottle jack J&S sells for only $26. Do a search on Amazon, it'll pop right up

I found it, thanks.

Originally Posted by vistavette (Post 17065334)

I thought that I would need to drill 2 holes in the base?

stixvrad 02-06-2018 11:55 AM

I have my Road King stored on the J&S, with the locks engaged so theres no pressure on the bottle jack. I BEST not have issues getting the bike up to release the locks in the spring.

RATFINK53 02-06-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by stixvrad (Post 17065443)
I have my Road King stored on the J&S, with the locks engaged so theres no pressure on the bottle jack. I BEST not have issues getting the bike up to release the locks in the spring.

I think lately it’s been a crap shoot on their bottles from what I have reading.

Brewmany 02-06-2018 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by stixvrad (Post 17065443)
.......... I best not have issues getting the bike up to release the locks in the spring.

or what?

hellonewman 02-06-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Brewmany (Post 17065854)
or what?

.....he'll order a new bottle jack and then another and another and another......

Think Ill skip getting a jack that fails before its even unpackaged and just get a proper hoist.