General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happened to respect

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
Rock salt, Lime - Shovel
NJ motto: #1 No body- no crime.
----------- #2 Never rat, especially on yourself.
Nah, round these parts a heavy fish net with weights will do. Let the crabs and lobsters eat him 2 miles or so off shore.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Sounds like a man that needs to go out crabbing.
Sounds like a neighborhood where it is good to park the scoot in the living room.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,286 Likes on 8,395 Posts

A thief has no respect for anything or anybody, and should get an a$$ whipping on sight.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter
Sure it didn't fall off running down the road and you just now noticed it?

Also, you aint a biker and neither is he... let's stop throwing that term around.
Originally Posted by oct1949
That ran through my mind also... 5 weeks ago when I had new Tars put on,, the wrench say... Hey.. duge you know you have a bolt missing on your lower guard and the udders ones Loose???

I say --- Nope.. so he replaced one and tightened the udder....
That makes absolutely no sense at all.

When a person wants to steal something, they go for the hardest part on the bike that requires multiple wrenches and a light to see that they don't lose the bolts in the dark.

Next you'll say that there is some kind of miracle liquid that turns to a solid when exposed to air keeping nuts and bolts from vibrating loose.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:01 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,334 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Borrow or invest in a trail cam. then take the pictures to local police or to your indies , who might know this azzhat.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Knutson Boltz
Banned
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Look for local spy shops in your area, there are neat little gadgets in these places. You would be surprised even what you can learn about certain individuals while they are online, but that's another subject.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:55 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

I built my first bike circa 1974. Only had a small 2-bedroom house with no garage and had to park the bike in the small porch area by the front door. Neighbor was a small-time drug dealer who had done a couple stretches in Chino. His ol' lady had a (real) brother who was AB. Between the two of 'em and their families, visitors to the neighborhood presented a risk all their own. One day the AB guy walks up to me and says something like, "I'm telling you this because Paul (my neighbor) says you're alright, but if you don't find a way to get your bike locked up out of plain view from the street, it ain't gonna be there when you wake up one day soon." I never knew if he was just giving a general warning or if he knew for a fact that someone, maybe even he, had plans to steal it, but I didn't ask any questions, thanked him, offered him a beer (which he turned down) and went to a self-storage place and rented a Harley-sized locker for the duration of the time we lived there.

Wasn't a long time after that, maybe three months or so, that my house got broken into and all my music gear stolen. It was less time after that that we found another house to rent and moved. I was only 19 and couldn't have bought a gun to protect my home with, but it wouldn't have really mattered anyway, as the burglary happened in broad daylight while my then-wife and I were at work. I heard tell from mutual acquaintances that Paul OD'ed and died a couple of weeks later. I always sort of suspected he might have something to do with it but had no way to prove it. If he did though, the only reason he had enough money to buy enough dope to OD on was likely because of my '59 Les Paul that even then, was worth upwards of $4K or more. The vintage Marshall and a couple of vintage Twins added up to around the same value, so it was a pretty good haul for such a crappy neighborhood, which is the main reason I suspected that someone who knew me a little had something to do with it. It wasn't like anyone else's house got burglarized that day.

Paul was a biker and we rode a bit together from time to time, but the moral of the story for the OP is that there is no honor among thieves. There's very little "brotherhood" that you'd be wise to count on. Heck, I'm Aryan, but even that wouldn't have made an AB "brother" hesitate from stealing my bike. I enjoy the heck out of riding with and rallying with other bikers, but just like any other group, it takes a long damn time for me to think of them as "brothers" whom I would trust or let my guard down around.

As others have said, beware of return visits from your local neighborhood thief. Maybe look into securing your bike elsewhere if'n ya got no place to secure it at home. Good luck and be careful. It's a jungle out there.

Blues

Old 11-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jim betti
What happened to brotherhood and respect for another guys bike?? Some scumbag P O S came in my yard and stole the chrome belt guard from my HD super glide.....this guy doesn't deserve to be a Harley Davidson brother rider
Yes, it sucks that some a$$hole stole stuff off your bike. But just because we both ride bikes, doesn't make us brother's. To be MY brother, you have to EARN it.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:47 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,401 Likes on 2,957 Posts

Might want to go over yer bike with a wrench or two. You know, in case another thief decides he/she wants another part, ya know...

Old 11-30-2015, 09:13 AM
KCinKy
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Share some life and death situations, go thru some hard times together......might build up 'brotherhood' trust. Kinda doubt that buying a brand of motorcycle automatically puts anyone in the 'trust' category.

Quick Reply: what happened to respect