General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I`m looking for some textile pants

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:31 AM
sly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I`m looking for some textile pants

just orderd a new foxcreek vented racingjacket to replace my HD jacket with all them zippers( nothing wrong with it just wanted a new jacket to go with the street glide LOL ! )so now I`m looking for a pair of textile pants that will go with `em... I ride to work a lot and work for the USPS so I have to wear that crappy uniform or change to it when I get to work..so I`d like to get some type of black textile pants that will go over the uniformshorts or pants.. any ideas on what type to check out andI`m not looking for something expensive, just easy on and off with that uniform as it`s a pain in the a$$ to change when I get to work and change back to jeans when I leave.. .................................................. .........................( of course I would like them to look good with the new jacket [8D])

Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: looking for some textile pants

Check these out, I highly recommend them. I also have a FC leather jacket and wear these HT Overpants from First Gear over my work clothes. They keep my work clothesclean and thequality is very good. Hereis the link to check themout. http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb.n...1?opendocument

You can get them cheaper from other online vendors. I forget who I bought mine from, but if i remember I'll post the name.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Default RE: I`m looking for some textile pants

I have The Nylon FXRG Pants, THEY ARE GREAT! The zippers on the side are full sized & they are water proof & wind proof, the pants adjust on the bottom to keep the wind & rain out & they are armored in the butt, sides & knees. They come w/ suspenders or the can zip into the FXRG jacket (another great buy)

Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
pnw05ss
Novice

I echo bgismo20's opinion on the nylon FXRG's. I have both the pants and the jacket and like them both. On my 23 mile commute, I find both are good to about 38 degrees with just jeans and a polo shirt. The pants can be opened up on the sides for venting when it gets warmer. The only problem I have with the FXRG textile stuff is that it can only be hand washed, so that is a chore in itself.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
sly
Intermediate

Well I`ve worn jeans and chaps for the last 30 years so these textile pants are new to me, I`ll just be using them for the rides to work over the uniform pants and shorts , are they hot in the summer, I`m a old school jeans and chaps guy so that`s what I`ll most likely wear on my other biking adventures .

The first gear pants look like what I might be looking for, I don`t want to spend a bunch so maybe I can find them or something close a little cheaper LOL !

Getting ready to ride to work , so Im putting a pair of bib overalls over the work shorts.. if you see an old hillbilly in bibsriding down the road in a bit, that be me !!!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the First Gear Overpants for cold weather and also the First Gear mesh over pants for warm weather, I really like them.

I used to wear Dickies coveralls to work, that worked OK too, but they are loose fitting and flap in the wind.