General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley beats expectations Q1

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

What gets me is that for over 50 years other mfgrs of motorcycles, thought they had to "out do" Harley with all this high tech gadgetry and claims of superiority. Truth is they all come out with the newest latest and greatest vehicles the world has ever seen, then they all stop making them after a few years. Why is that? Honda had the Valkyrie, Yamaha had more models then I can remember that they don't have anymore, Kawasaki made the biggest V-Twin that nobody wanted, Suzuki same deal. It seems like they think the US is a place to dump and run with their products. It sure seems spending money for a product that will probably be gone from the showroom floors for good, along with their factory support isn't the wisest purchasing decision you can make. But then again most metric bikes have warehouses full of 2 and 3 year old models still in the crate. You know, the ones, all the metric bike magazine fans swear will be the next "Big Thing in Motorcycling", but not many are willing to lay down the big bucks for . I noticed most former metric bike owners talk trash about Harley and their antiquated technology. But in the end, they wind up in the Harley dealers showroom because "they always wanted to own one" .,,,

The following users liked this post:
rubberfrog (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 12:52 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

I used to work for Harley Davidson but I finally got my Road King paid off.
LOL