General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD credit, credit score, and interest rate

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD credit, credit score, and interest rate

With a FICO at 672 and recent news that HD Finance has had a slight increase in 30 day delinquent payments, they may be tightening the requirements for approval..

Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use your credit union, or join one. as mentioned, almost every CU in the states has now got either a community or state charter... in other words, you don't have to be a member of a particular company, business, work group, etc, to join... which is why CU's are changing their names.
I used to belong to Hughes Aircraft Employees Cu, they changed their name, now I belong to Kinecta CU, but its the same folks.

HD credit will NEVER EVER beat what you can get at a CU

Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
skinhead
Cruiser

Like they said , it depends on what your score is , how much down , and how long of a term. I got my ultra 2 months ago and it would have been a 2%difference in intrest from 84 month to 60 months , so I went with the 60. The payments are higher but it will cost alot less in the long run. But the main thing that theywill look at is the credit score and your income to debt ratio. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:38 PM
tplyons
Tourer

I'm wondering how they gave all you guys crap rates, and they gave the 20 year old kid a 6.99%

I guess I got lucky, they even tried stiffing my dad with a 7.99% so he went with his CU.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
fishafly
Road Master

CAPITOL ONE
Try here... You can fill this out online and find out what your rate is going to be... If you are happy with their offer they send you a "blank" check good up to your approved limit... If you walk in with financing it may even help in negotiating a price?? who knows...

Old 05-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, Credit Union first, then if that's no good, fight with the dealership.........they CANtry to getit down a little lower for you, if it looks like they will losea sale.What you are charged will beHarley's call though, not the dealership.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:58 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Home equity loans are good sources of cheap interest. I pay prime rate less 3/4% which fluctuates a little but not a lot. The security is of course the house, and if you default on the loan, they canforclose the first mortgage and toss you out. It is the same as a second mortgage. The neat thing is, it is an interest only loan, so if you think you will be able to pay down the loan, whenever you get a little extra put it on the loan until its paid for. The downside is that depreciation is likely to out pace the principle reduction, so you need to plan on keeping the motorcycle for a longer time.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 AM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

Thanks Fish for the link. I applied just to see what they said as I am curious

Old 05-19-2007, 12:04 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill never morage my house.. f that paid for it once not paying for it again..yep its paid off

tho I guess its the cheapest loan to get... outside a good creidit score auto loan on one of them special days.. like Labor Day sale.. 0%..

Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Jovimon
Road Captain

Eaglemark (Harley credit) looks at credit score and term length to get the "buy in" rate to the dealer. A 800 score can get a 7.5 buy in and a 672 may get a 8.9 buy in. The dealer can charge whatever they want to, anything the dealer charges above the buy in rate is profit. Remember, the dealer is there to make a profit and will usally give you a rate 1 to3 percent above the buy in but some many add 5% or more.

Quick Reply: HD credit, credit score, and interest rate