General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Kayakguy
Road Captain
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by WRE4U
or you could look for a place in North Myrtle Beach....more user friendly!!
This is probably true.

I am not sure what size your trailer is but many storage rental places will store trailers. That many be an option as well.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Phideux
Tourer
Received 124 Likes on 73 Posts

Get a place in Garden City/Murrells Inlet, Bike friendly down this end. Dirty Myrtle became very biker unfriendly, like alot of folks on here said, due to some political correctness/racial thing, stay and play where you are more welcome. The tournament is at Sanddune Archery, which isn't in Myrtle Beach anyway, it's probably closer to Garden City/Murrells Inlet.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:16 PM
funktekk
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phideux
Get a place in Garden City/Murrells Inlet, Bike friendly down this end. Dirty Myrtle became very biker unfriendly, like alot of folks on here said, due to some political correctness/racial thing, stay and play where you are more welcome. The tournament is at Sanddune Archery, which isn't in Myrtle Beach anyway, it's probably closer to Garden City/Murrells Inlet.
I believe the OP is talking about the NASP Worlds at the Myrtle Beach Sports Center in N. Myrtle.

But you are correct about Myrtle. I try my best not to spend any money in Myrtle beach proper. Murrells and the rest of the southside is much better.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 PM
twp98
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by funktekk
My family and I have lived in the Myrtle area for the last 5 years and love it here.

My wife just became IDPA certified (edit: I mean NASP, IDPA is our gun competitions) and will be starting an archery program at her school this year. She is excited about going up to see the Worlds.

The anti-trailer/bike thing on the rentals is most likely left over from Bikefest, or Black Bike Week as it is called on all the event fliers and t-shirts. I would call the renters and ask to see if it still applies to this week.

If that doesn't work call the Harley dealership. Both north and south locations have an abundance of room that only gets used during the rallies. They might be willing to help you out.

And if that doesn't work, you can use my driveway. I live on the southside so it might not be too convenient, but I'd hate to see someone miss out on enjoying riding around here.

If you need any other help around town please just shoot me a message.
Thanks funktekk. We are staying in North Myrtle at Barefoot Resort. An yes she will be shooting in the NASP Worlds at the Myrtle Beach Sports Center. That is great for your wife. Our couches are the best. Some of the nicest people around. My daughter loves shooting. Our local high school has won worlds a couple of times. I am hoping to find a place for her to practice a few times that week.
Thanks for the idea of the Harley stores. I will have to check into that.

Thanks

Last edited by twp98; 06-07-2016 at 04:55 PM.