General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost fob...forgot PIN....RRRRRRR!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:56 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

transport mode is a better idea. i've seen where some guys have done just that with their fobs and still arrived at their destination with a dead battery. the only thing i suggest with transport mode is if you are spending multiple nights on the road, when you stop for the night, take it out of transport mode so you have full protection while parked overnight. you just have to remember to put it back in before you leave the next morning. i make that part of my pre-trip check. check straps, trailer tires/pressures, transport mode, etc....

Old 07-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Pantera99
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 625 Posts

Ok will do, my brother-in-law has an 08 street glide for yrs & was totally unaware of the EITMS system or pin # or transport mode. Learn something every day! Thanks!!

Old 07-22-2018, 12:51 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Legend says that the OP is still entering PIN numbers to this very day.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

I think I saw him last summer, off on the side of I-97 near BWI giggling to himself as he flicked his turn signals over and over.

His rain gear was perfectly dry though, in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Pantera99
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
transport mode is a better idea. i've seen where some guys have done just that with their fobs and still arrived at their destination with a dead battery. the only thing i suggest with transport mode is if you are spending multiple nights on the road, when you stop for the night, take it out of transport mode so you have full protection while parked overnight. you just have to remember to put it back in before you leave the next morning. i make that part of my pre-trip check. check straps, trailer tires/pressures, transport mode, etc....
yes transport mode was great! Very easy. Rearmed it overnight & forgot the next morning & it was all flashing at me going down the road. 1600 mile trip total, gotta say that uhaul trailer is bad ***. Horrible roads in new mexico & some in Colorado. Got about 250 miles of riding in around Colorado springs, manitou springs & woodland park. Even went thru a tornado warning & heavy downpour. Rainsuit was well worth it!!

Last edited by Pantera99; 07-25-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Incorrect trip mileage
Old 07-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

1600 miles flashing and the battery wasn't drained?
You lucked out my friend.
It sounds like you got to ride through some amazing scenery.
I rode from Miami, FL to Los Angeles, CA last year. Talk about amazing views. Especially north Florida, TX, and Arizona. California was amazing to. I dropped my iPhone down a cliff while riding PCH. Good riddance.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozvader
I rode from Miami, FL to Los Angeles, CA last year. Talk about amazing views. Especially north Florida, TX, and Arizona. California was amazing to. I dropped my iPhone down a cliff while riding PCH. Good riddance.
I hope you weren't taking a selfie.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by Redoilokie
I hope you weren't taking a selfie.
I had too. It's not often I get to wear *** less leather chaps. It's hot down here.
Its my fault. I shouldn't have been taking a selfie at 60mph standing in my seat.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

I had too. It's not often I get to wear *** less leather chaps. It's hot down here.
Its my fault. I shouldn't have been taking a selfie at 60mph standing in my seat.
Oh, that's different. It's fine as long as your hands are already off the handlebars.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Pantera99
Stellar HDF Member

no I just mean it flashed this morning a few mins after I had rearmed it last nite. Had the key fob in the toupak on the way up. Found out about transport mode on the way back. Back home in Gilbert, AZ now.

Quick Reply: lost fob...forgot PIN....RRRRRRR!