General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 AM
WoodButcher66
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Man it sucks they dropped your bike.
But it does sound like they are trying to do the right thing and make up for it. Accidents happen. But as you said, the way it is handled tells a lot about the person or in this case the dealership.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,018 Likes on 2,821 Posts

Glad to hear they're gonna fix you up.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:54 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Glad they are making it right. To often we hear of the ones that don't.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:56 AM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Word of mouth is the best advertisement for sure. I had my dump truck in the local shop getting a fuel injector replace. He ordered the parts needed and I picked them up, a $35. Sensor was with the parts, just figured needed replaced.
Came time to pay my bill he paid the $35. Said he had broke it. That has earned him my respect

Old 01-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,866 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by farmboy555
Word of mouth is the best advertisement for sure. I had my dump truck in the local shop getting a fuel injector replace. He ordered the parts needed and I picked them up, a $35. Sensor was with the parts, just figured needed replaced.
Came time to pay my bill he paid the $35. Said he had broke it. That has earned him my respect
When driving your dump truck, were you ever behind a motorcycle rider pointing a gun at you?

Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Every time there's a post about something happening with dealer service, there's always the "usuals" that spew the "that's why I never take it to the dealer" or "that's why I always do the work myself" which is fine. But, in this case it was at the dealer for warranty service so the OP, or you for that matter, couldn't do it himself.

And, as already mentioned, accidents happen. The dealer has insurance for this. The good news is that the service manager is a stand up guy, fessed up and will make it right to the OP's satisfaction.

In addition, the OP gets his memorial to his mother-in-law and also gets to test ride a '17 RK. Not bad.
Oh it was an "accident" I get it now. These things just happen and could not have been prevented. Not like the dealer could have not "fessed up" the guys got a big dent in his tank, I think he would have seen it.

Glad the OP is comfortable with the situation and hope he gets his repaired bike home soon.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:16 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,980 Likes on 17,497 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Oh it was an "accident" I get it now. These things just happen and could not have been prevented. Not like the dealer could have not "fessed up" the guys got a big dent in his tank, I think he would have seen it.

Glad the OP is comfortable with the situation and hope he gets his repaired bike home soon.
Guy, seriously .. come on. I've been in the mechanical field for 4 plus decades and some of it brutally big and precise, you do everything by the numbers but occasionally for no reason even found something goes sideways. It's called an accident you prepare and do your best but they still can happen, get the f**k over it.

The following users liked this post:
sunderhill (01-02-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 01:18 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

You should be thanked also for not flying off the handle and making a lot of noise. **** happens, not deliberately of course but it does happen.

They made it right, you are a good man to accept the results and move one.
Thank you

Old 01-01-2017, 01:27 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Always nice to hear about the good guys out there. I'm positive there are more of them than we realize.

Thanks for the post.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Glad to hear the did you right. Maybe it was done on purpose so they could put you on an M8 loaner. After riding the Road King and you dont want to return it they will get a newly painted bike for trade and sell a new bike. Its a win win situation. Just joking. My dealer takes care of me quite often for the repairs and as was posted earlier i pass it on. Thats why insurance is around

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped my bike