General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 buell x1 lightning

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:11 PM
Eric Lees
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millennium maybe I'm in the wrong thread?

I have a 2002 Harley Davidson Sportster xl 883r that I purchase used. The former owner had done some engine upgrades this I am sure of. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why at the base of my cylinder head on the left hand side the word is written millennium in a cursive writing. I've done all the research I could possibly do I am researched out I cannot figure out why that is there. Can somebody explain this to me please?

2002 sportster xl883r. Why is Millennium stamped on it?

Old 04-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,810 Likes on 6,719 Posts

Those are special nikasil lined cylinders. They are very good quality. Superior Millennium is a manufacturer of aircraft cylinders.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:37 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

I think if you read this old thread you'll find the answers you want. The other question is the leak at the base gasket, might be a problem there.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:39 PM
JohnnyMagic
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 164 Posts

^^^^^^ Look Up, READ.

"The cylinders on the OP's bike were made by Millenium Technologies in WI"

Had a 99' X1. 5600 miles in one summer (Michigan) is a record for me.
Also had a Softail, Ducati ST4 and 999 at the same time, so the Buell saw the most action.

JM

Old 04-14-2021, 09:28 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,814 Posts

For more info, you might try Here ... https://www.revolution-performance.com

About Us

Revolution Performance is the American V-Twin brand of the Millennium Technologies. Founded in 2002, Revolution was put in place to be a more convenient and direct source for owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles to discover different options for boosting the performance of their V-Twin engines. The first product was a line of Bolt-On Big Bore Kits by utilizing Millennium’s nickel-silicon carbide plating solution, Revolution challenged Harley enthusiasts to “Exit the Ordinary” by opting to discard the idea of a cast iron sleeved cylinder and replace it with an all-aluminum plated cylinder for larger displacement and more power gain. Science proved to be on our side as we continued to produce a broader range of kits with even larger displacement capabilities for extraordinary performance results. Soon Revolution’s customers were shown the truth, that “You Can’t Outrun the Physics”, as sets of our cylinders had now been operating well beyond the 100,000 mile life mark. The smoother bore surface of the nickel silicon carbide bore proved to many that friction means constriction (which ironically enough was not a slogan!). The cast iron bore, in essence, had been reduced to being a living relic of old and outdated motorcycle technology. Now, Revolution Performance has been able to expand from just a manufacturer of cylinder and piston kits to providing a variety of in-house services ranging from case boring and Timken bearing conversions to crankshaft welding and balancing. Aside from kit packages and bottom end work, Revolution has a full flow bench and 5-axis CNC porting program for reworking cylinder heads for optimized air/fuel flow performance. Now with over 16 years of business and customer service under our belts, Revolution remains a primary name in the aftermarket Harley-Davidson industry. Revolution Performance has built its reputation for quality, performance, and customer satisfaction and those ideals continue from our first decade into our next.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:00 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

old thread nvrmd