General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F11 polish and sealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So I did a lot of research into all these products and spoke to numerous highly informed individuals (eaglefan1 for example). When you have invested $1000's in a new bike I felt it was worth it to spend the dollars on the best product that will do the best job in the long haul. Went to a local detail shop I have used in the past and had them apply cquartz to the bike. They did not only the traditional painted surfaces but all the black surfaces including the wheels. I spent the extra dollars on the correct wash mitt and microfiber drying towels. DO NOT use the cheap ones from big box and/or auto parts stores. The original job cost $300 plus the NYS tax ripoff. When I figured I don't have to wax the bike for several years and the time it saves it was well worth it. The bike looks fantastic (I recognize I might be a bit prejudiced). Pictures included for you to form your own opinion.
I would never put F11 on my bike but to each his own.

The following users liked this post:
BTLorys (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:59 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,143 Likes on 765 Posts

Looks great man! Congrats and enjoy it. The water contact angle of coatings is crazy. Please post your thoughts after washing it for the first time.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,744 Likes on 2,699 Posts

Originally Posted by cjdyna
So I did a lot of research into all these products and spoke to numerous highly informed individuals (eaglefan1 for example). When you have invested $1000's in a new bike I felt it was worth it to spend the dollars on the best product that will do the best job in the long haul. Went to a local detail shop I have used in the past and had them apply cquartz to the bike. They did not only the traditional painted surfaces but all the black surfaces including the wheels. I spent the extra dollars on the correct wash mitt and microfiber drying towels. DO NOT use the cheap ones from big box and/or auto parts stores. The original job cost $300 plus the NYS tax ripoff. When I figured I don't have to wax the bike for several years and the time it saves it was well worth it. The bike looks fantastic (I recognize I might be a bit prejudiced). Pictures included for you to form your own opinion.
I would never put F11 on my bike but to each his own.
THAT is a detailed bike. Looks fabulous! I'd post some pics of my own, but I can't seem to keep the chrome out of the damn rain down here, and I ain't gonna stop riding. Maybe around June/July, lol.

The following users liked this post:
cjdyna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 09:51 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
THAT is a detailed bike. Looks fabulous! I'd post some pics of my own, but I can't seem to keep the chrome out of the damn rain down here, and I ain't gonna stop riding. Maybe around June/July, lol.
You must be getting all of the rain up there, not here. Except for this weekend, DAM!

CJ, F11 not even in the same ballpark as CQuartz!

You guys getting your bikes coated recently pushed me to polish out a couple spots on my tank and redo it with Polish Angel and High Gloss. Polishing was done with Menzerna 2500 and 3D HD polish

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-01-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:30 PM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

So I bit and bought some as a friend of mine really liked it. I used to detail cars on the side, so I know a product like this is not going to probably be the best. I will say this though, it is perfect for me and my motorcycle. I apply it maybe once every three weeks to get everything looking good again. This is a quick use product, and does not beat using a buffer with the right pads and glazes. But for a quick shine throughout the season, its not so bad. (I do detail bike before, and then use this as the season moves on)

Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Glazes? No glaze on my bike. Probably the same thing with FN's bike and CJ's bike also. All of my jobs are paint correction jobs, I don't hide anything. I use compounds and polishes than contain ZERO fillers and I use Eraser before inspecting my work.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:34 PM
pgkaylid
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone compare this with Captain Richards? I've had really good experience with it for years, but always open to new stuff!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Correct me if I'm wrong eagle, but through all the reading I've done I have seen where people have used it on chrome with good results. I'm sure there's another coating specifically for chrome made by carpro (maybe DLX) but if it works, looks good, and its not going to damage anything would it really be a problem?

Old 05-23-2018, 05:58 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
Correct me if I'm wrong eagle, but through all the reading I've done I have seen where people have used it on chrome with good results. I'm sure there's another coating specifically for chrome made by carpro (maybe DLX) but if it works, looks good, and its not going to damage anything would it really be a problem?
Not sure about CQuartz on chrome, I have never applied it to chrome. When I coat wheels I use coatings designed for wheels. Those coatings are designed to withstand higher heat.
A quick email to Corey at CarPro-us would be a definite answer.
This question reminded me of all the posts about people waxing the chrome on their bike. If that wax gets applied to anything like exhaust, rocker covers, it might last till you get to the corner. But some people are so set in they don't want to hear the truth.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,891 Likes on 11,351 Posts

$59 for a 16oz bottle of detailer? I'll pass.
https://topcoat.store/pages/topcoat-...ontent=Topcoat

Quick Reply: F11 polish and sealer