General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Candy Hot Rod Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Axis39
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'm not a fan of red on any vehicle but this red...I would have bought a Breakout with this color, if they had one but they didn't. The week after they did.
This is usually my thing too... I've owned a few red cars over the years. Had a 77 Fiat, that faded a good bit. Had to always keep polishing the white off. But, that was red back in the day with no clear coat. Had a burgundy BMW 318 back in the 90's. Loved that car and loved that color.

When I bought my current Slim, I was very hesitant about the color... Mysterious Red SunGlo. It was the whole red thing. But, I gotta say, I really love it now. I think it goes really well with the blacked out bike quite well.

Now, I'm contemplating a new vehicle... Maybe a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. And, I'm looking at the burgundy. I really am beginning to like that color palette.

I love the new big flake paint from the MoCo! But am also of the no more flames or skulls school. When it's a stock paint job with skulls... Well, it's a bit contrived, isn't it? I mean, it's like dressing an executive up in leather and chains... Not really tough any more. (Not trying to be a douche or cut down anybody who has these paint jobs! It's just not for me, that's all. Just like red or green or blue is not for everyone)

Old 07-02-2017, 09:37 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I like the Hard Candy red, but I can't justify the extra $2,400-3,000 they're charging for them. Ouch.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Steve Rakoz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it

Got the '17 Road King Special in the Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake. I've only had it 3 months, it's the only color I would consider in their line up. Love it, she's a real looker.

Last edited by Steve Rakoz; 09-19-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,019 Likes on 2,822 Posts

I guess the flake is ok but the red looks more maroon then "hot rod red." But that seems to be the gimmick lately. Black engine, black wheels, black pipes and really dark colors. Was at the dealership over the weekend and of the 30 or so new bikes on the floor only about 5 of them had any brightness to them. If that's the Harley trend then it's no wonder young guys don't want anything to do with them. Looking at all those dark, grim bikes was depressing.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Steve Rakoz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
I guess the flake is ok but the red looks more maroon then "hot rod red." But that seems to be the gimmick lately. Black engine, black wheels, black pipes and really dark colors. Was at the dealership over the weekend and of the 30 or so new bikes on the floor only about 5 of them had any brightness to them. If that's the Harley trend then it's no wonder young guys don't want anything to do with them. Looking at all those dark, grim bikes was depressing.
The flake really brightens it up in the sun. The '18 Twisted Cherry color is a lot darker.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:08 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

I've seen the red on multiple bikes. I really like it. Like I've said time and time before, I'm a sucker for a redhead.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Capt Woody
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Rakoz

Got the '17 Road King Special in the Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake. I've only had it 3 months, it's the only color I would consider in their line up. Love it, she's a real looker.
Beautiful bike but you better watch the chain on your wallet or your wallet will be somewhat lighter!

Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 387 Likes on 257 Posts

LOVE that color. Was debating about that vs. the Olive Gold for my 17 RKS. Ultimately went for the latter, but only because I didn't like the tank graphics that came with the Hot Rod Red. Had they been the same tank badge I may very well have gone with the red.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:45 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Great color...

Old 09-20-2017, 05:46 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,019 Likes on 2,822 Posts

Idunno, I like flashy, chromey stuff on a bike. Y'all can have that drab wanna-be-bad look. Chrome don't get you home but it can get you laid. Chrome!

Quick Reply: Hard Candy Hot Rod Red